File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
Win a copy of Clojure in Action this week in the Clojure forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Missing �1 (puzzle) !

 
Stevie Kaligis
Ranch Hand
Posts: 400
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Three people check into a hotel. They pay �30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager suddenly remembers that the room rate is �25 and gives �5 to the bellboy to return to the people.
On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that �5 would be difficult to share among three people so he pockets �2 and gives �1 to each person. Now each person paid �10 and got back �1.
So they paid �9 each, totalling �27. The bellboy has �2, totalling �29.
Where is the missing �1 ?
 
Erik Dark
Ranch Hand
Posts: 107
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
So they paid �9 each, totalling �27. The bellboy has taken �2 of that, totalling �25. (Hey, wasn't that the amount the manger still has?)
Erik Dark
 
Johnson Chong
Ranch Hand
Posts: 210
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Look, look, look, suppose I marry a china girl, will she need to become the citizen of my home country?
 
John Lee
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2545
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Johnson Chong:
Look, look, look, suppose I marry a china girl, will she need to become the citizen of my home country?

Johnson Chong: You better swim 1.5k under 25 min., run 10k under 45 min., own a Trek 2200 or better, take Vitamin every day...by the way, where was your mother 10 months after she had that sex?
Stevie: very good question, I guess people would easily get confused, at least I did once. The fact is that the $27 they paid has nothing to do with $30. By the way, how did you input Pound sign?
 
Johnson Chong
Ranch Hand
Posts: 210
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Don Liu:

Johnson Chong: You better swim 1.5k under 25 min., run 10k under 45 min., own a Trek 2200 or better, take Vitamin every day...by the way, where was your mother 10 months after she had that sex?

I'm no athelete. No Iron Man or Trialthon for me. After carrying me around for 9 months, abstinence, and risking pregnancy depression and undergoing labour pains, I guess she must feel like screwing the innocent fool in the crib till his balls pop out. And all the baby can do is to sleep and wail, sleep and wail.......
 
John Lee
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2545
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Johnson Chong:

I'm no athelete. No Iron Man or Trialthon for me. After carrying me around for 9 months, abstinence, and risking pregnancy depression and undergoing labour pains, I guess she must feel like screwing the innocent fool in the crib till his balls pop out. And all the baby can do is to sleep and wail, sleep and wail.......

Really? So what did you eat as you grew up?
-You are what you eat.
 
Anonymous
Ranch Hand
Posts: 18944
  • 0
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Yeah, [Qb] So they paid $9, totalling $27[Qb]
so need another$3 right? But the $3 is contain in the $27......???If I take out the $3 i have remainder $24...which come from.....???
 
Anonymous
Ranch Hand
Posts: 18944
  • 0
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
[QB] you are what you eat [QB]
No, not really, my mom is the one who brought me up, it's her who select what baby food I eat, she's always the one who gives me endless speeches, etc.
But perhaps you are right. I don't really care if a bull need to endure castration horror to give me the best beef, neither do I care about how a chicken suffered when its throat is cut so long it don't stand up like a human and scream in horror into my ear. My father says a chinese say anything with its back facing heaven can be eaten. Luckily I'll be free from his influence in another 10-20 yrs time. God please bless me!
 
John Lee
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2545
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by <Billy Billy>:
Yeah, [Qb] So they paid $9, totalling $27[Qb]
so need another$3 right? But the $3 is contain in the $27......???If I take out the $3 i have remainder $24...which come from.....???

You were just like me the first time.
OK, there are totally $30 involved, eventually, hotel takes $25, each traveller takes $1, the boy takes $2. And the total is:
$25 + $1 x 3 + $2 = $30
Note: the currency unit here is Pound.
 
John Lee
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2545
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by <Johnson Chong>:
[QB] you are what you eat [QB]
No, not really, my mom is the one who brought me up, it's her who select what baby food I eat, she's always the one who gives me endless speeches, etc.
But perhaps you are right. I don't really care if a bull need to endure castration horror to give me the best beef, neither do I care about how a chicken suffered when its throat is cut so long it don't stand up like a human and scream in horror into my ear. My father says a chinese say anything with its back facing heaven can be eaten. Luckily I'll be free from his influence in another 10-20 yrs time. God please bless me!

I hate people does this, oh well, so I have to assume u r Japanese.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic