I'm wondering whether its just me or if others have had trouble with this. I've searched the Interent and came up with complicated answer's. I'm trying to go through a JavaMail&James tutorial but I can't even set up the JavaMail API. I try to Set the CLASSPATH which seems to work because when I "echo %CLASSPATH" it comes back with the results that I input. Once I compile the program however the compiler tells me that: package javax.mail does not exist. I'm not sure whether its the setup problem or something else. I've placed the unziped folder of JavaMail into a folder called C:\JAMES_HOME\javamail-1.4ea. After this I added the mail.jar to the CLASSPATH like this: set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;c:\JAMES_HOME\javamail-1.4ea\mail.jar;. I have two questions: 1)Is the JavaMail API setup in the CLASSPATH and can I use it like this? 2)Is the compile error connected to this problem?
Here is the code of the program:
[ January 25, 2006: Message edited by: Hilton Meyer ]
Keep it Tidy
Joined: Nov 13, 2003
I solved the problem by copying the jar's into the jre/ext file. I would still like to know if there are other solutions.
I tried to use the javac command but the system said that this was not recognised. After reading a bit further in the article they suggested copying the jar's into the folder. It's no the best solution but it solved the problem for now. I would still like a solution so that in future I would not run into this problem.
Hi Pal, If u get a message saying command not recognised when u type javac then u have to set the PATH variable to the bin folder of java.
Letz say u have java in C:
then use set path=c:\j2sdk1.4.2\bin;.;%path%
After this set the classpath to the jars and try compiling.It should work
Joined: Nov 13, 2003
Thanks to evryone,
I fixed the problem by set the variables permanently in the Enviroment Variables in System Settings. Evrytime I was setting the paths up they would work but once I closed the command prompt window they would be reset to null. I'm not sure if I was doing it incorrectly but now they are permanently set up so there's no more hassles.
Originally posted by Hilton Meyer: I solved the problem by copying the jar's into the jre/ext file. I would still like to know if there are other solutions.
I work on a J2SE implementation for my day job. A colleague recently proclaimed "do not put *anything* in jre/lib/ext unless you *really* know what you are doing". This is extremely useful advice - the amount of issues I have seen...
In any case, sounds to me like you simply need to use the -classpath switch.