Hi, well here goes, I have my final today and am studying past tests. I was sick and didn't get the answers to the last test and I am not sure I was right so I am asking for a little help to make sure I have the right answers to study. Thanks in advance. There are 2 programs and 3 questions about each.
5. What does the above program do? a. Counts the number of lines of data is contained within outagain.txt b. Counts the number of bytes of data in xanadu.txt c. Copies the contents of xanadu.txt to outagain.txt d. none of the above
6. What is a true statement about line 18? a. The finally clause only excutes if there is an error in the program b. The finally clause always executes c. The finally clause causes the program to write the files d. All the above
7. What kind of file access does the above program use? a. Sequential file access b. Random File Access c. Symetric File Access d. Asymetrical file access
8. What type of file access does the above program use? a. Sequential file access b. Random File Access c. Symetric File Access d. Asymetrical file access
9. The above program copies the input file how? a. One character at a time b. One Line at a time c. One byte at a time d. It doesn�t copy the file
10. The output file of the program above is a. a text file b. a binary file c. a symetric file d. an asymetric file
This is it for me! I am done with Java after today (I hope I pass).
#5 Look up what in.read() returns, and out.write() does. #6 read up more on finally #7 yes #8 look up the io classes in the api #9 yes-this should help you answer #8 #10 depends, all files are binary of course, but I don't think that is what the question is looking for.
"Should array indices start at 0 or 1? My compromise of 0.5 was rejected without, I thought, proper consideration."- Stan Kelly-Bootle
Joined: Oct 17, 2006
Thanks, I appreciate the help, this is the hardest subject I have ever taken. I just can't seem to grasp it.