Win a copy of Re-engineering Legacy Software this week in the Refactoring forum
or Docker in Action in the Cloud/Virtualization forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

About JVM and one basic question

 
Vijay Chandran
Ranch Hand
Posts: 186
Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Dear friends,

(1) Is there anything that is advantage for Java, that is also a disadvantage of it?

(2) Please provide me some links where there is an explanation about the structure of JVM with diagrams.

Kindly provide me a solution.

Thanks & Regards
Vijay
 
Joanne Neal
Rancher
Posts: 3742
16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by vijaychandran rajagopalan:
Please provide me some links where there is an explanation about the structure of JVM with diagrams.


There's no diagrams, but chapter 3 of the JVM specification describes the structure of the JVM.
 
Vijay Chandran
Ranch Hand
Posts: 186
Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thank you very much Joanne.

Kindly provide a solution for point (1) above.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay
 
Campbell Ritchie
Sheriff
Posts: 48415
56
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by vijaychandran rajagopalan:
Thank you very much Joanne.

Kindly provide a solution for point (1) above.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay
Joanne is a very helpful person and an asset to JavaRanch.

Please use the search facility above; this question has come up before and you will probably find some useful old threads. You have been on the Ranch long enough not to expect long answers to such questions if you don't Search First and Show Some Effort.
 
Campbell Ritchie
Sheriff
Posts: 48415
56
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Joanne Neal:


There's no diagrams, but chapter 3 of the JVM specification describes the structure of the JVM.
Another useful link is the BCEL Manual.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic