This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
java.lang.ArrayIndexOut OfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 0 [12/4/08 11:18:35:523 IST] 00000023 SystemErr R at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBDataSetImpl._getDBItem(DBDataSetImpl.java:378) [12/4/08 11:18:35:523 IST] 00000023 SystemErr R at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBDataSetImpl._createOrGetDBItem(DBDataSetImpl.java:781) [12/4/08 11:18:35:523 IST] 00000023 SystemErr R at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBDataSetImpl.setBytesBindItem(DBDataSetImpl.java:2450) [12/4/08 11:18:35:523 IST] 00000023 SystemErr R at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setItem(OraclePreparedStatement.java:1155) [12/4/08 11:18:35:523 IST] 00000023 SystemErr R at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setString(OraclePreparedStatement.java:1572) [12/4/08 11:18:35:523 IST] 00000023 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.spi.InternalOracleDataStoreHelper.psSetString(InternalOracleDataStoreHelper.java:333) [12/4/08 11:18:35:523 IST] 00000023 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcPreparedStatement.setString(WSJdbcPreparedStatement.java:1509)
Ghousia, please check your private messages for an important administrative matter.
And please post the code which throws this exception. I'm willing to bet that the problem is nothing to do with Websphere (you just happen to be running the code there). Most likely nothing to do with Oracle, either. Almost certainly a problem with your JDBC code. (I know that when I have problems, the best thing to do is to look at my code first and not blame Websphere.) So I will move this post to the JDBC forum.
Joined: Oct 31, 2008
Thanks for the reply Paul....... I could fix the problem by disabling the Statement cache in websphere(In the datasource properties)......
Zoya Rizwi wrote:Thanks for the reply Paul....... I could fix the problem by disabling the Statement cache in websphere(In the datasource properties)......
i got exactly similar error with your symtom
honestly i already dead stuck . because the error is not reproduceable in my testing. also that error i notice from WAS log production happened sometimes (rarely).
under normal testing it run very fine. also i did several concurency test but all is run fine with the program
#Could you help me to explain bit further about solving this with "disablling Statement cache" ?
#Anyway what is really the root cause of this error ? i really have no idea here.
in tracing log WAS found the error thrown by method
ps.setObject(1, oParams); --> oParams is only a string
i am sure it is not cause of programatic application error since on my test . if it is because of incomplete parameter or syntax or query it will throw SQLException (Oracle)
at my case this is truly a RuntimeError that thrown by preparestatement, that's why i have no idea ... so sad
Our application use WAS 6.0 , JDK 1.4, Oracle JDBC Driver version - 184.108.40.206.0
bit further is : our program is a common class that 's used/called by many functions. and it is static method. (not static member)
anyway our system already live for 4 years (can consider already stable)
thank you so much
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com