• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

how much water do u drink?

 
lusha tak
Ranch Hand
Posts: 185
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I barely drink half a litre per day
 
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand
Posts: 8927
Firefox Browser Java Spring
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
1 litre minimum.
 
Balaji Loganathan
author and deputy
Bartender
Posts: 3150
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by lusha tak:
I barely drink half a litre per day


No good.Kidney stones and many other problems may effects.
 
trupti nigam
Ranch Hand
Posts: 623
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I drink 2 liter or sometimes more than that..
On weekends I end up drinking less ,arround 1 liter.

Trupti
 
Thomas Paul
mister krabs
Ranch Hand
Posts: 13974
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Minimum of 2 liters per day. As my doctor said, if your urine is clear you are drinking enough water.
 
Dushy Inguva
Ranch Hand
Posts: 264
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Same like Trupti. I drink so much water at work that sometimes i feel like a fish
I also endup visiting the restroom a lot ;-)
 
Kishore Dandu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1934
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I can not find the article online. Recently I read that 8 glasses a day is a myth. It does not need to be that many and it varies by case by case.

And they also said no problem with drinking some soda aswell.
 
Arjunkumar Shastry
Ranch Hand
Posts: 986
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Many suggest eight glasses are good.My greatgrand mother used to drink not more than two glasses a day.She lived upto 94 years.
 
R K Singh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5382
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Arjunkumar Shastry:
Many suggest eight glasses are good.My greatgrand mother used to drink not more than two glasses a day.She lived upto 94 years.


My friend's uncle is 80+ and he is chain-smoker
 
lusha tak
Ranch Hand
Posts: 185
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
interesting replies.... thanks all :-)
I drink so much water at work that sometimes i feel like a fish
I also endup visiting the restroom a lot ;-)


How best one can handle such a situation?
 
Jeroen Wenting
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5093
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Of course it depends on the size of the glass as well as the number of glasses.
And what about people drinking direct from a bottle or tap?
And what about people drinking other things? If someone drinks 2 liters of coffee a day, does he still need to drink 8 glasses of water as well?

I don't know how much water the mystical person "u" drinks. I do know what I drink myself though
 
Dave Lenton
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1241
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
There are other reasons for drinking water than simply trying to reach a pre-set minimum amount. Water can improve concentration levels, reduce stress, get rid of headaches, reduce dizziness and exercise and help clean the bladder and liver. Apparently the average person living in the UK loses approx 2.5 litres of water a day, so it makes sense to replace them at the very least.

I'm sure I read somewhere that we begin to suffer the effects of dehydration, such as feeling tired and inattentive, before we get the "thirsty" feeling in our throat, meaning that its a good idea to keep our hydration levels topped up even if we don't feel thirsty.
 
Thomas Paul
mister krabs
Ranch Hand
Posts: 13974
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Jeroen Wenting:
If someone drinks 2 liters of coffee a day, does he still need to drink 8 glasses of water as well?
Decaf or regular? Caffeine is a diuretic (it makes you dehydrated) so you would still need to drink a lot of water with that coffee.
 
Aneel Ansari
Greenhorn
Posts: 7
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
i drink 10 liter water in a day
 
Babar Qadri
Ranch Hand
Posts: 51
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
2 liter per day
 
Dushy Inguva
Ranch Hand
Posts: 264
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Aneel,

What are you? A fish ?
 
Gail Mikels
Ranch Hand
Posts: 634
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
You shouldn't drink water. Fish f**k in it!
 
Kishore Dandu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1934
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
It also depends on the quality of water you are drinking. The sort of water the cooler thingy puts out in my office, I would rather drink purified water or Coke for the better of my health.
 
Jeroen Wenting
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5093
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
tapwater here is excellent, or otherwise (for some reason health inspectorate doesn't allow tapwater to be drunk in the office, even though everyone drinks it at home) bottled.

So at home I drink 2-3 liters of water which according to the health inspectorate I'm not allowed to drink in the office, causing the company the cost of 1-2 bottles of bottled water for me alone per day.
 
S.L.Narayanan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 431
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
2 litres a day!!!
 
lusha tak
Ranch Hand
Posts: 185
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Amongst those who drink two litre or more - feels any diffrent fron the people wo dont drink? like more energy levels, better skin, slimmer body etc? :roll:
 
R K Singh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5382
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by lusha tak:
Amongst those who drink two litre or more - feels any diffrent fron the people wo dont drink? like more energy levels, better skin, slimmer body etc? :roll:


Drinking appropriate water does not have immediate effect. It mainly deals with other things like having stones/acidity etc.

Be sure water cant give you glowing skin .. try some other cosmetics
 
Dave Lenton
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1241
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Jeroen Wenting:
tapwater here is excellent, or otherwise (for some reason health inspectorate doesn't allow tapwater to be drunk in the office, even though everyone drinks it at home) bottled.

So at home I drink 2-3 liters of water which according to the health inspectorate I'm not allowed to drink in the office, causing the company the cost of 1-2 bottles of bottled water for me alone per day.


A recent study here in the UK showed that any health benefits of drinking bottled water over tap water were negligible at best. Bottled water could even be considered worse if you take into account the environmental costs of producing and delivering the bottles, and then dealing with the discarded empty bottles. Still loads of people go out and spend lots of money on bottled water to drink at home, even when they have nice clean water on tap.

Some people have manky tasting tap water (bit too much chemicals in some cases), but most places I've been in the UK have OK tap water. You'd think London water would be nasty tasting (what with having been drunk by, on average, seven other people), but it tastes ok to me. Besides, something which has been filtered by that many kidneys has got to be fairly clean
 
kayal cox
Ranch Hand
Posts: 376
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by R K Singh:


Drinking appropriate water does not have immediate effect. It mainly deals with other things like having stones/acidity etc.

Be sure water cant give you glowing skin .. try some other cosmetics


Hmm, I have to disagree... Drinking water can show immediate benefits (plus the long term benefits)
* It eases digestion. Analogy: Imagine your tummy to be a wet grinder, grinding all the food you eat. People who have ground idli batter will know what I mean.
* It kees your skin hydrated, and thus makes it look better. It also reduces occurances of acne etc.
* Helps keep your weight down. There could be many reasons, but I try taking a sip of water between every mouthful of my lunch. I find I dont eat too much, and dont feel hungry all the time.

I have always HATED drinking water. Still do.
But I use all of my will power, and mental strength, and half a dozen Lotus Notes reminders thru the day, to drink atleast a liter and a half each day. And I am very happy with the results
 
Kishore Dandu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1934
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I have a feeling guys with dehydrated looks have more following among gals than the other way around(like Brad pitt, pantera and some other rock stars). So that one way of looking at positives of being dehydrated(due to too much Beer for example)
 
lusha tak
Ranch Hand
Posts: 185
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Kayal,

Your reply is intersting, encouraging and something i can relate with..
drinking water is a challenge for me too...
using my will power these days...and drinking 2 L everyday...
lets see how it helps..
will keep everyone posted..
:-) Lusha
 
R K Singh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5382
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by kayal cox:
Hmm, I have to disagree... Drinking water can show immediate benefits (plus the long term benefits)
* It eases digestion. Analogy: Imagine your tummy to be a wet grinder, grinding all the food you eat. People who have ground idli batter will know what I mean.
* It kees your skin hydrated, and thus makes it look better. It also reduces occurances of acne etc.
* Helps keep your weight down. There could be many reasons, but I try taking a sip of water between every mouthful of my lunch. I find I dont eat too much, and dont feel hungry all the time.


I beg to differ

Drinking water is good but not always. It will not help you but it will harm you as your food would not digest properly [for simple reason that acid of your stomach would be diluted if you drink water while eating or after eating and hence your meal would not digest properly.] There should be atleast 45 min to 1 hr gap before you drink water after the meal.

Second, when you eat water while eating, you dont eat stomach full meal, it may cause malnutrition. Though in your case it wont because your meals must be comprises of all required nutritions. But still its better to have full meal without water.
You should not drink water while eating meals.


half a dozen Lotus Notes reminders thru the day, to drink atleast a liter and a half each day.
Apologies.. but its too much.. just drink one liter water in the morning before washing your face. Rest one liter you would take automatically in some or other form during your whole day.

Better put your water in copper vessel/jug in night and then drink in morning. I drink from normal bottle but one of my friend has found drastic change[in constipation/digestion system] after drinking water from copper vessel.
[ May 20, 2005: Message edited by: R K Singh ]
 
lusha tak
Ranch Hand
Posts: 185
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Better put your water in copper vessel/jug in night and then drink in morning. I drink from normal bottle but one of my friend has found drastic change[in constipation/digestion system] after drinking water from copper vessel.

Even have tried this. This surely helps. :-)

Lusha
 
soumya ravindranath
Ranch Hand
Posts: 300
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by R K Singh:


I beg to differ

Drinking water is good but not always. It will not help you but it will harm you as your food would not digest properly [for simple reason that acid of your stomach would be diluted if you drink water while eating or after eating and hence your meal would not digest properly.] There should be atleast 45 min to 1 hr gap before you drink water after the meal.

You should not drink water while eating meals.


True, drinking water while eating your meal is supposed to have counter effect. I remember a saying which implies that "the one who drinks water before a meal is a yogi and the one who drinks water during a meal is a rogi ( patient )"
 
lusha tak
Ranch Hand
Posts: 185
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
i have heard that either u should keep sipping water during the meal or there should be atleast 1/2 an hour of gap before and after....
 
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand
Posts: 8927
Firefox Browser Java Spring
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic