aspose file tools*
The moose likes Other JSE/JEE APIs and the fly likes Sun JavaFX without Linux or Solaris? Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Other JSE/JEE APIs
Bookmark "Sun JavaFX without Linux or Solaris?" Watch "Sun JavaFX without Linux or Solaris?" New topic
Author

Sun JavaFX without Linux or Solaris?

Pat Farrell
Rancher

Joined: Aug 11, 2007
Posts: 4655
    
    5

So I see that Sun has a version 1.0 production ready product to compete with Flex and Silverlight in the RIA world. Something to replace "applets" that failed last century. Great. So I go to the Sun site to learn, the videos look good. So lets download it.

Bzzzt. Wrong answer. Version for Windows and Mac OS-X. Nothing for Linux or Solaris.

They want me to write my "write once run everywhere" code on a Windoze box? Are they nuts?
Mark Vedder
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 17, 2003
Posts: 624

Solaris and Linux support are coming: http://blogs.sun.com/javafx/entry/a_word_on_linux_and
Pat Farrell
Rancher

Joined: Aug 11, 2007
Posts: 4655
    
    5

So is Christmas and the economic recovery.
Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 41803
    
  62
Delaying a finished release for 80% of the users just so the other 20% don't feel like second-class citizens in the meantime doesn't make much sense.


Ping & DNS - my free Android networking tools app
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Sun JavaFX without Linux or Solaris?