aspose file tools*
The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes about classes Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Spring in Action this week in the Spring forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Bookmark "about classes " Watch "about classes " New topic
Author

about classes

srikanth mycherla
Greenhorn

Joined: Oct 31, 2008
Posts: 26
1)by seeing a class how can i say whether it is a userdefined class or system defined class
2)by seeing a package how can i say whether it isa userdefined one or system defined one

3)is there any option of seeeing all classes and interfaces in a package using command prompt
Sagar Rohankar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 19, 2008
Posts: 2902
    
    1

Originally posted by srikanth mycherla:
1)by seeing a class how can i say whether it is a userdefined class or system defined class
2)by seeing a package how can i say whether it isa userdefined one or system defined one


There are no system defined classes or packages, Maybe you want to say SUN defined OR standard Java classes that comes with JDK.

All Standard classes are packaged in either java.package_name OR javax.package_name.

Originally posted by srikanth mycherla:

3)is there any option of seeeing all classes and interfaces in a package using command prompt


Yes, go to command prompt, change the directory to the package you want to explore and enter command dir *.class OR *.java , It list all the classes resides in that package.


[LEARNING bLOG] | [Freelance Web Designer] | [and "Rohan" is part of my surname]
srikanth mycherla
Greenhorn

Joined: Oct 31, 2008
Posts: 26
thanks sagar

if i want to see all methods and classes and interfaces in java.lang.* what to type in command
can you say the command
is it cd java.lamg.*; at command prompt ..
Sagar Rohankar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 19, 2008
Posts: 2902
    
    1

Originally posted by srikanth mycherla:

if i want to see all methods and classes and interfaces in java.lang.* what


What's your need ! Do you want some kind of code which explore each and every package or just for sake of information !!

For first, Look out the Reflection class In Java for later need Look Java Docs
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: about classes