Hi, Besides the course material, I was suggested to use the following IBM redbooks: sg246195-Management&Config.pdf sg246573-Security.pdf sg246588-InstallConfig.pdf sg246976-Adminbook.pdf But that's a lot They can be downloaded from www.redbooks.ibm.com, use the number to find them. I also have two sample tests, if you need them, mail me. greets
Joined: Sep 05, 2003
Which platform is this test towards, WINDOWS or OS/400 etc. Please send me the free exams. I don't know your email.
Hi Andy, Please send me the free exams to email@example.com Thanks in advance Benny [ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: Benny Thomas ]
IBM Certified System Administrator - Websphere Application Server 5
Joined: Sep 18, 2003
I figured out that the sample test I have mentioned earlier in this thread was the same that you get when you take the 340 test exam at http://certify.torolab.ibm.com So please go THERE to check it out.
Hi Alex, U need to read the redbooks to get an understanding of WAS 5... If you work on WAS 5 a bit, it would be more easier to pass. But reading the redbooks should do.. I recently passed 340. Best of Luck... Benny
Thanks Kristinefor sending the sample test. You send me two files, does it include the ICE questions? Also if anybody knows the ICE answers of 340 then it will be higly appreciated if he/she can share here.
a belli, ho passato l'esame!!! un bel 69%. un po' tostarello.
buona fortuna a tutti. ciaoooooooooooooo
SUN Certified Programmer for JAVA 2 platform <br />SUN Certified Web Component Developer for J2EE platform <br />IBM - pSeries AIX System Administration <br />IBM - Websphere Application Server V 5.0 Basic Administration <br />IBM - DB2 UDB V8.1 Family Fundamentals <br />IBM - Websphere MQ V 6.0 System Administration
Joined: Jan 08, 2001
congrats andrea for passing the exam with 69%. What does "tostarello" mean Could you please elaborate a bit about exam. Difficult parts, important points, etc. If you don't like english please write "spanish-friendly" italian, so that I might traduce your points.
for Axel.. 'tostarello' means like 'a little bit difficult'. so I want give to you 'una dritta'... 'a nice indication'. There is a site 'http://www.certfx.com/default.php' that sells the certification questions (about 70 euros). The 50% and more of them are the same of the IBM test. I know that 70 euros are a considerable amount, but it could be a good investment for the future. good luck to all ciaoooooooooo belliiiiiii
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Pre-Assessment/Sample Test for Test 340 IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0, Basic Administration EXAM: IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0, Basic Administration NUMBER: 340
PASSING SCORE: 53% (27 out of 51) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Which one of the following is NOT a supported type of authentication according to the IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0 authentication model?
2. By default, IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0 uses which of the following IP ports for the administration console and the administration console secure port, respectively?
3. An application is ready to be deployed. The team developing the application has worked within corporate guidelines and reused common functionality that other development teams have used before. Upon review, it appears that the development team used the same version of several JAR files that are currently being used by other production teams. Which of the following actions should be taken or suggested?
A. Repackage the EAR using the AAT tool, excluding the duplicated JAR files. Ensure that the duplicated .jar files are in an appropriately defined shared library and deploy the application
B. Combine the EAR with all other EAR files, thus combining all applications into one, so no JAR files are duplicated.
C. Use the AAT tool to combine all the duplicate JAR files into a master shared EAR, then deploy the application, and have set all of the applications using the duplicated JAR files to reference the master shared .ear from the IBM WebSphere Administrative Console.
D. Shared JAR files are not supported
4. Defining the "Scope" of resources such as JDBC Providers, Namespace bindings, or shared libraries can be defined for which levels?
5. When enabling tracing on an Application Server, which of the following options can be configured from the administrative console?
6. Once IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0 is installed, what additional task needs to be completed so that the Application Server can be started?
A. Edit the plug-in file
B. Install an administrative database
C. Reboot the machine
D. No action is required
7. Which of the following are TRUE statements with respect to LDAP and the IBM HTTP Server?
A. LDAP is an information directory where users and groups can be defined only once and shared across multiple machines and applications.
B. LDAP is an Internet protocol for exchanging basic management information.
C. The IBM HTTP Server "LDAP Plug-in" allows authentication and delegation to be performed by the directory.
D. LDAP is a proprietary protocol that IBM uses to communicate between the IBM HTTP Server and the Web container
8. If the administrative console fails to start up, which of the following files should an administrator check to see errors?
9. A machine is experiencing a bottleneck. Which of the following actions could an administrator take to improve database performance?
A. Change your CMPs to be BMPs
B. Lower the tcp-wait time from 4 minutes to 60 seconds
C. Set the number of DB connections less than the number of WebSphere Application Server threads
D. Lower the default session timeout to less than 30 minutes
10. What is the likely reason for decreasing the "Maximum size" parameter of the thread pool for a Web container?
A. To limit the size a thread can grow before refreshing
B. To limit the amount of threads to what the hardware can withstand
C. To lower the amount of unused threads
D. To limit the amount of time a thread exists before refreshing
11. When SSL ID tracking is used as the session affinity mechanism, the lifetime of an SSL session ID is controlled by configuration options in ___________ .
A. Edge Server
B. Web server
C. Application Server
D. Enterprise application
12. A database administrator needs the DDL to create tables for an application that was recently deployed. What does the IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0 administrator need to do to export the DDL for the database administrator to use?
D. Allows CMP beans to access a backend data store
15. An application on a server is running very slowly. A number of the servlets are performing simple database queries. What should the administrator do to help the application perform faster?
A. Increase the maximum pool size for the data source
B. Add more RAM to the machine
C. Increase the JVM maximum heap size
D. Increase the maximum thread size
16. A permission violation occurs for a client application within IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0. Java 2 security has been enabled, and the JVM com.ibm.websphere.java2secman.norethrow property is set and has a value of true. The Security Manager component will ________ .
A. throw an AccessControl exception and log the exception
B. log the exception to the WebSphere SystemOut.log
C. throw a PermissionViolation exception and log the exception
D. log the exception to both the activity and native log files
17. When making changes to an application server datasource configuration in the administrative console, when do changes become effective?
A. Immediately upon clicking apply
B. When the application server configuration is saved
C. When the application server is restarted
D. As soon as the form is submitte
18. Which of the following statements are FALSE with respect to an SSL connection?
A. SSL can be used between an "Applet Container" and the embedded HTTP server.
B. SSL can be used between an "Applet Container" and an "EJB Container".
C. SSL can be used between an "Applet Container" and a "Web Container".
D. SSL can be used between an "Applet Container" and a "Web server".
E. SSL can be used between an "Applet Container" and a "Client Container".
19. What options are available when binding EJB and resource references to the IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0 name space?
A. Simple name
B. Node defined name
D. Compound / fully qualified name
E. Generated base name
20. What is the first IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0 component that receives a servlet request from a browser?
A. Web server
B. Web server plug-in
C. Application server
D. Servlet redirector
21. The WSAdmin tool provides access to all the functionality found in the administrative console via four management objects. What are they?
A. AdminApp, AdminConfig, AdminControl, and AdminSecure
B. AdminConfig, AdminControl, AdminSecure, and Help
C. AdminApp, AdminControl, AdminServer, and Help
D. AdminConfig, AdminControl, AdminApp, and Help
E. AdminControl, AdminConfig, AdminServer, and Help
22. Which of the following statements is TRUE with respect to the Application Assembly Tool (AAT)?
A. The AAT can be started from the Administrative Console.
B. Scripts to run the AAT are located in the directory where IBM WebSphere Application Server V5.0 is installed, under the "bin" directory.
C. The administrative server needs to be running to launch or use the AAT.
D. The AAT can be used to install an application onto the IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0.
23. A datasource needs to be configured for all application servers on a single machine. What is the best way to handle creating this datasource so the datasource is always available to all application servers no matter how many application servers are added to the current machine?
A. Create a datasource at the Server level
B. Create a datasource at the Node level
C. Create a datasource at the Cell levelv
D. Send the application back to the developers and have them create their own datasource within the application
24. Which log is written in a binary format that captures events that show a history of the WebSphere Application Server's activities?
A. event log
B. JVM log
C. activity log
D. native log
25. Which one of the following files contains security role mapping information?
26. A new Enterprise Application is installed in IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0. What script will identify the new application to the Web server?
27. Which log files should an administrator reference to find IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0 startup errors?
28. Which of the following components are NOT used for Workload management?
A. Load balancer
B. Web server plug-in
C. Node Agent
D. ORB WLM plug-in
29. Running the command script 'backupConfig' makes a backup copy of which directories in addition to the Web server plug-in files?
30. To execute the Collector Tool, which of the following prerequisites must be met?
A. JDK 1.2.2 or higher must be installed
B. The PATH environment variable should be set to include the <as-root>/bin directory
C. The Collector Tool command must be executed from the <as-root>/bin directory
D. The CLASSPATH environment variable should be set to include the <as-root>/bin directory
E. The user must be logged into the system as the Administrator or Root
31. What does running the script �backupConfig myBackupConfig� on a given node produce (from the default \AppServer\bin location)?
A. A directory called �myBackupConfig� in the current directory containing all the node's configuration files
B. A directory called �myBackupConfig� in \AppServer\config\backup containing all the node's configuration files
C. An XML file called �myBackupConfig.xml� in the current directory containing all the node's configuration data
D. A Zip file called �myBackupConfig� in the current directory containing all the node's configuration files
32. Which IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0 servlet is useful for validating system configuration?
33. Which of the following statements best describe the characteristics of the Web server plug-in?
A. It provides communication between the Web server and the Application Server.
B. It is configured while installing the Web server.
C. It handles workload management between multiple application servers.
D. It communicates via the HTTP protocol.
E. It communicates via the OSE protocol.
34. Multiple fixpacks are installed on IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0. At some point it is realized that WebSphere must be rolled back to a previous fixpack level. What should an administrator do to roll the Application Server back?
A. Reinstall IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0 then the appropriate fixpack
B. Run the uninstall of any fixpacks installed after the desired level
C. Remove the latest fixpack JARs
D. Reinstall the appropriate fixpack level
35. Which of the following are valid ways to invoke the name space dump utility?
A. Execute the "JNDIDumpNameSpace" command from the command prompt
B. Invoke the com.ibm.websphere.naming.JNIDDumpNameSpace utility from a Java program
C. Execute the "dumpNameSpace" command from the command prompt
D. Invoke the com.ibm.websphere.naming.DumpNameSpace utility from a Java program
E. The JNDIDumpNameSpace command can only be executed from the command line
37. With regard to security, which of the following protocols should be used to transport requests from the Web server plug-in to the Application Server?
38. What are the advantages of using memory replication method instead of database persistence as a session persistence mechanism?
A. Lower network traffic
B. Eliminates the single point of failure
C. Failover from server crash
D. Better performance
E. High scalability
39. An administrator needs to add several .class files and .jsp files to an existing .ear file. The .ear file is really large and crashes the application assembly tool (AAT) every time the administrator tries to open it. What should be done?
A. Install WebSphere and the AAT tool on a machine with more memory and open the .ear on it
B. Ship the .ear, class, and .jsp files off to the development team that developed the .ear file originally
C. Increase the AAT maximum heap size
D. Force the garbage collector to run more frequently
40. Which of the following administrative roles allow a user to change the run time state by using either the administrative console or the system management scripting interface.
41. A constraint consists of which of the following?
A. Web resource collection
B. Authorization constraint
C. User data constraint
D. Web resource constraint
E. Administrative constraint
42. In a multi-node configuration where each node has an application server, which of the following protocols is used for direct communication between the two application servers?
43. A systems expert has been asked to design an IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0 architecture that provides workload management (WLM) support. Which of the following provides for WLM?
A. Load Balancer.
B. Web server plug-in
C. Caching proxy
E. PMI Interface
44. To change the default size of the activity.log file, an administrator must ____________ .
A. edit the logging.properties file
B. change the logging and tracing preferences from within the administrative console
C. edit the com.ibm.ws.ras.ActivityLogSize=xxxx entry in the activity.log file
D. uncomment the dynamicLogSize=on line in the waslogbrsys.cfg file
45. Which of the following are TRUE with respect to distributed administration?
A. A managed process is an individual server process, like a JMS Server.
B. A node consists of a set of 'managed processes' managed via a cell agent.
C. A managed process on machine "Y" can communicate directly with a managed process on machine "X".
D. Only one active Network Deployment may be installed in the environment.
E. The Deployment Manager AdminService passes object requests directly to a node agent.
46. When configuring WebSphere to use a JMS Provider, which of the following must be configured?
A. The scope
B. A Generic JMS Provider
C. A WebSphere JMS Provider
D. A Resource Environment Provider
47. Which utility gathers information about the Application Server installation and packages it in an output JAR file?
A. Collector tool
B. Thread Analyzer
C. Log Analyzer
48. An administrator installed an Enterprise Application into WebSphere Application Server, V5.0 and upon invoking it for the first time noticed that a required EJB JAR file was missing. Which tool can be used?
D. Application Assembly Tool
49. A user navigates a Web site that uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) for some but not all of its pages. If the user�s HTTP session is required to be accessed from both secured and non-secured pages, which of the following Session Manager options must be enabled?
A. Enable SSL ID Tracking
B. Enable Cookies
C. Enable URL Rewriting
D. Enable Protocol Switch Rewriting
50. In which of the following scenarios can the administrator choose NOT to install the Java 1.3.1 SDK from the IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0 installation program?
A. When using a "Silent Installation" on a Windows system
B. When using a "Custom Installation", and selecting "Other JDK" on a UNIX system
C. When using a "Typical Installation"
D. When migrating from a previous version
51. When creating cluster members on machines with different WebSphere installation directories or operating systems, the directory structures of which of the following cluster member properties must be changed to match the directory structure of the product installation root directory on the machine where the cluster member is running?
A. The Standard Output field of clustered application servers
B. The Standard Input field of clustered servlet engines
C. The Standard Output field of clustered servlet engines
D. The JAR File field of clustered enterprise beans
E. The Working Directory field of clustered Web applications
1. c 2. c 3. a 4. c d e 5. a b e 6. d 7. a 8. a c 9. c 10. c 11. c 12. b 13. b d 14. d 15. a 16. b 17. c 18. b d 19. a d 20. b 21. d 22. b 23. b 24. c 25. b 26. c 27. a b 28. c 29. b f 30. a b e 31. d 32. c 33. a c d 34. b 35. c d 36. a c d 37. c 38. a b 39. c 40. a c 41. a b c 42. b 43. a b 44. b 45. d e 46. a 47. a 48. d 49. d 50. b 51. d e