*
The moose likes Product and Other Certifications and the fly likes SOA fundamentals in a nutshell - Exam 664 tutorial Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons this week in the Android forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Product and Other Certifications
Bookmark "SOA fundamentals in a nutshell - Exam 664 tutorial" Watch "SOA fundamentals in a nutshell - Exam 664 tutorial" New topic
Author

SOA fundamentals in a nutshell - Exam 664 tutorial

Mohamed Mabrouk
Greenhorn

Joined: Mar 06, 2007
Posts: 28
Hi

I would like to share the following tutorial which is meant for preparation for the test 664 (SOA fundamentals),it's posted on developerworks and it's written by me.

The tutorial is built on the objectives on the exam, and contains a compilation of different resources. Though not meant to be used as a single reference, it represents a single stop compressed summary for the subjects needed for the exam.

Hope you find it handy and please contact me if you have any questions about it.

link: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/ws-dw-ws-soa-ibmcertified.html
[ November 12, 2008: Message edited by: Marc Peabody ]
tuty sra
Greenhorn

Joined: Aug 30, 2008
Posts: 16
Hi Mohamed Mabrouk ,
I read your tutorial and it is really good. Is the tutorial alone is enough to get ready for the exam. Is there any other books and materials that I have to refer. Please suggest so, that I could clear the exam in the shortest possible time.
Mohamed Mabrouk
Greenhorn

Joined: Mar 06, 2007
Posts: 28
Hi Tuty

Thank you for your compliement and interest in the tutorial. Like I mentioned in the main topic, the tutorial isn't really meant to be used as a single resource, other readings are encouraged, the SOA exam will test if you really understand SOA so the more you read, the better you'll be able to answer, using the tutorial will definitely save you time and it will get you quickly through the different topics hence giving you a broad quick coverage, but i'd really recommend more reading.

Good luck on your exam
[ October 16, 2008: Message edited by: Mohamed Mabrouk ]
Brian Legg
Ranch Hand

Joined: Nov 07, 2008
Posts: 488
Great write-up!! Thanks for sharing!!


SCJA
~Currently preparing for SCJP6
Marc Peabody
pie sneak
Sheriff

Joined: Feb 05, 2003
Posts: 4727

I'm not able to access it. I sign in and then my screen says the url resource doesn't exist.
[ November 12, 2008: Message edited by: Marc Peabody ]

A good workman is known by his tools.
Mohamed Mabrouk
Greenhorn

Joined: Mar 06, 2007
Posts: 28
Brian Thank you!

And Marc, I believe the content had publishing trouble for a couple of days, it's back online now, please check it and tell me if you're still having problems accessing it.

Thank you!
Benson Fung
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 10, 2003
Posts: 207
Hi Mohamed,

Do you think your tutorial still support test 669? Bcus 663 has retired.


Thanks
Benson
Mohamed Mabrouk
Greenhorn

Joined: Mar 06, 2007
Posts: 28
Benson Fung wrote:Hi Mohamed,

Do you think your tutorial still support test 669? Bcus 663 has retired.


Thanks
Benson


Hi Benson

you must have meant exam 664, and as far as I know, exam 664 has not retired, It is to retire at the end of January.

As for the new test, well many of the objectives are the same, but new one have been added, so the tutorial should still be of help but its coverage is quite less than it is for exam 664.

I hope this answers you question
Benson Fung
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 10, 2003
Posts: 207
Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for your suggestions. By the way, do you have any materials which are specifically for 669? Because I would like to take IBM Test 669.

Thanks
Benson
Mohamed Mabrouk
Greenhorn

Joined: Mar 06, 2007
Posts: 28
Benson Fung wrote:Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for your suggestions. By the way, do you have any materials which are specifically for 669? Because I would like to take IBM Test 669.

Thanks
Benson


You're welcome Benson, francly I haven't updated my certification with the new test yet, so all I can advise is refering to the recommended material in the IBM exam page and making sure you have enough knowledge about the objectives, you'll also find many articles online refering to the different objectives. Sorry I couldn't be much of help with this subject.

Good luck
Gopal Duvvuri
Greenhorn

Joined: Apr 14, 2010
Posts: 1
Mohamed Mabrouk wrote:Hi

I would like to share the following tutorial which is meant for preparation for the test 664 (SOA fundamentals),it's posted on developerworks and it's written by me.

The tutorial is built on the objectives on the exam, and contains a compilation of different resources. Though not meant to be used as a single reference, it represents a single stop compressed summary for the subjects needed for the exam.

Hope you find it handy and please contact me if you have any questions about it.

link: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/ws-dw-ws-soa-ibmcertified.html
[ November 12, 2008: Message edited by: Marc Peabody ]


Great writeup Mohamed... your tutorial really helped me to an extent to achieve Test 669. Can you/anyone have any tutorial or guidelines to clear Test 000-667 - Architectural Design of SOA Solutions? I am planning to start preparing for this test. Any suggestions or guidelines will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Jan Cumps
Bartender

Joined: Dec 20, 2006
Posts: 2491
    
    8

Welcome to JavaRanch, Gopal.


OCUP UML fundamental and ITIL foundation
youtube channel
 
It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.
 
subject: SOA fundamentals in a nutshell - Exam 664 tutorial
 
Similar Threads
dynamic discovery and invocation of web services.
IBM Certified SOA Associate 664
how to send the message to Queue
books needed to clear exam
requirement for development of j2me application