well by default i have my system in spanish (i live in southamerica) and i use this 2 properties files ApplicationResources_es.properties and ApplicationResources_en.properties
and in my struts-config.xml
well its all related with my configuration
the problem is this, when i started up my tomcat 5.5.9 by first time (with this new configuration for internationalization) , well the default language was in spanish of course and when i make or change the language to english in the simple form, works! but if want back to spanish, well dont work any more, why? , inclusive if re start the server, erase the private data (cookies etc etc) of the browser , or restart the pc, always still in english
the properties of idioms or language of the browser (firefox and opera) still have how first option spanish
how i can fix this???
remember i am rookie only with this topic of internationalization
It looks like you've somehow changed the default language for Tomcat. I'm not sure how that happened, but check around some of the configuration files and see if you can reset it. If all else fails, ask this question in the Tomcat forum and see if anyone in that forum knows what might have happened.
One thing I did notice is that you've defined the message resources incorrectly in your Struts-config.xml file. The correct entry would be:
You should still have both an ApplicationResources_en.properties and an ApplicationResources_es.properties file in your WEB-INF/classes directory, but the bundle is only defined once with its base name.
Also, in your Action class, change your statement: