wood burning stoves*
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes Sachin (another mile stone) Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "Sachin (another mile stone)" Watch "Sachin (another mile stone)" New topic
Author

Sachin (another mile stone)

Muse Ran
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 17, 2008
Posts: 317
Tendulkar 15 runs short of Brian Lara's world record of 11,953 runs in Test cricket. advance congratulations to sachin..


Tomorrow will surely be a new day!!!
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

What if he score series of 0 s


Groovy
David O'Meara
Rancher

Joined: Mar 06, 2001
Posts: 13459

advance congratulation to Mike Hussey for overtaking Sachin in record time
Sri Anand
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 06, 2005
Posts: 392
In Sports it matters only when team wins.No records are a match to likes of Kapil Dev and Saurav Ganguly rest all pretty ordinary
Joe Harry
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 26, 2006
Posts: 9349
    
    2

Originally posted by David O'Meara:
advance congratulation to Mike Hussey for overtaking Sachin in record time


When did Mike Hussey score 11,000 odd runs to overtake Sachin?


SCJP 1.4, SCWCD 1.4 - Hints for you, Certified Scrum Master
Did a rm -R / to find out that I lost my entire Linux installation!
David O'Meara
Rancher

Joined: Mar 06, 2001
Posts: 13459

We're offering advance congratulations.
Sameer Jamal
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 16, 2001
Posts: 1870
Originally posted by David O'Meara:
We're offering advance congratulations.


Joe Harry
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 26, 2006
Posts: 9349
    
    2

Originally posted by David O'Meara:
We're offering advance congratulations.


I bet if that would happen!
David O'Meara
Rancher

Joined: Mar 06, 2001
Posts: 13459

advance congratulations on your bet!
Ananth Chellathurai
Ranch Hand

Joined: Nov 21, 2007
Posts: 349

Sachin vs Hussey is like Mt.Everest vs Local hill.


Ananth Chellathurai


Ananth Chellathurai [Walk on software]
Sri Anand
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 06, 2005
Posts: 392
Do you really think so ? Australian players are good team players and are match winners, unlike batting technician Tendulkar
[ October 16, 2008: Message edited by: Raghunandan Mamidala ]
ramesh maredu
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 15, 2008
Posts: 210

as usual he broke the record.
[ October 17, 2008: Message edited by: ramesh maredu ]

SCJP 1.5 94%.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
Nitin Nigam
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 03, 2006
Posts: 129
Originally posted by ramesh maredu:
as usual he broke the record.

[ October 17, 2008: Message edited by: ramesh maredu ]


And that too in style...


Nothing is impossible; for those who doesnt have to do it themselves.
myjotting.blogspot.com
Muse Ran
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 17, 2008
Posts: 317
Tendulkar, who made his Test debut on November 15, 1989 against Pakistan in Karachi, is also the world's top scorer in one-day internationals (16,361 runs), and has more Test (39) and one-day (42) centuries than any other batsman.

Sri Anand
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 06, 2005
Posts: 392
Captaincy : Azharuddin was credited with saying "Nahin jeetega! Chote ki naseeb main jeet nahin hai!" (which translates into: "He won't win! It's not in the small one's destiny".)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sachin_Tendulkar#Captaincy
Muse Ran
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 17, 2008
Posts: 317
Just have look at the records held by Sachin Tendulkar. No wonder why British Prime Minister is suggesting him for the honor of Sir .......

1. Highest Run scorer in the ODI
2. Most number of hundreds in the ODI 41
3. Most number of nineties in the ODI
4. Most number of man of the matches(56) in the ODI's
5. Most number of man of the series(14) in ODI's
6. Best average for man of the matches in ODI's
7. First Cricketer to pass 10000 run in the ODI
8. First Cricketer to pass 15000 run in the ODI
9. He is the highest run scorer in the world cup (1,796 at an average of 59.87 as on 20 March 2007)
10. Most number of the man of the matches in the world cup
11. Most number of runs 1996 world cup 523 runs in the 1996 Cricket World Cup at an average of 87.16
12. Most number of runs in the 2003 world cup 673 runs in 2003 Cricket World Cup, highest by any player in a single Cricket World Cup
13. He was Player of the World Cup Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup.
14. Most number of Fifties in ODI's 87
15. Appeared in Most Number of ODI's 407
16. He is the only player to be in top 10 ICC ranking for 10 years.
17. Most number of 100's in test's 39.
18. He is one of the three batsmen to surpass 11,000 runs in Test cricket, and the first Indian to do so
19. He is thus far the only cricketer to receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India's highest sporting honor
20. In 2003, Wisden rated Tendulkar as d No. 1 and Richards at No. 2 in all time Greatest ODI player
21. In 2002, Wisden rated him as the second greatest Test batsman after Sir Donald Bradman.
22. he was involved in unbroken 664-run partnership in a Harris Shield game in 1988 with friend and team mate Vinod Kambli,
23. Tendulkar is the only player to score a century in all three of his Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy debuts
24. In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire
25. Tendulkar has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri by Indian government. He is the only Indian cricketer to get all of them.
26. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 runs in a calendar year in ODI's 7 times
27. Tendulkar has scored 1894 runs in calendar year in ODI's most by any batsman
28. He is the highest earning cricketer in the world
29. He has the least percentage of the man of the matches awards won when team looses a match. Out of his 56 man of the match awards only 5 times India has lost.
30. Tendulkar most number man of match awards(10) against Australia
31. In August of 2003, Sachin Tendulkar was voted as the "Greatest Sportsman" of the country in the sport personalities category in the Best of India poll conducted by Zee News.
32. In November 2006, Time magazine named Tendulkar as one of the Asian Heroes.
33. In December 2006, he was named "Sports person of the Year
34. The current India Poised campaign run by The Times of India has nominated him as the Face of New India next to the likes of Amartya Sen and Mahatma Gandhi among others.
35. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 50 centuries in international cricket
36. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 75 centuries in international cricket:79 centuries
37. Has the most overall runs in cricket, (ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s), as of 30 June 2007 he had accumulated almost 26,000 runs overall.
38. Is second on the most number of runs in test cricket just after Brian Lara
39. Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly hold the world record for the maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership. They have put together 6,271 runs in 128 matches
40. The 20 century partnerships for opening pair with Sourav Ganguly is a world record
41. Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world record for the highest partnership in ODI matches when they scored 331 runs against New Zealand in 1999
42. Sachin Tendulkar has been involved in six 200 run partnerships in ODI matches - a record that he shares with Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid
43. Most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998
44. Only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs (41 Centuries and 87 Fifties)(as of 18th Nov, 2007)
45. the only player ever to cross the 13,000-14,000 and 15,000 run marks IN ODI.
46. Highest individual score among Indian batsmen (186* against New Zealand at Hyderabad in 1999).
47. The score of 186* is listed the fifth highest score recorded in ODI matches
48. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs against all major Cricketing nations.
49. Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259 innings and has the highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs
50. Most number of Stadium Appearances: 90 different Grounds
51. Consecutive ODI Appearances: 185
52. On his debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the second youngest debutant in the world
53. When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in 1990, he was the second youngest to score a century
54. Tendulkar's record of five test centuries before he turned 20 is a current world record
55. Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against NZ in 1999/00 Season) for the highest score in Test cricket by an Indian when captaining the side
56. Tendulkar has scored centuries against all test playing nations.[7] He was the third batman to achieve the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten
57. Tendulkar has 4 seasons in test cricket with 1000 or more runs - 2002 (1392 runs), 1999 (1088 runs), 2001 (1003 runs) and 1997 (1000 runs).[6] Gavaskar is the only other Indian with four seasons of 1000+ runs
58. He is second most number of seasons with over 1000 runs in world.
59. On 3 January 2007 Sachin Tendulkar (5751) edged past Brian Lara's (5736) world record of runs scored in Tests away from home
60. Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings
61. Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over 10,000 runs in Test matches
62. Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark and the third International player behind Allan Border and Brian Lara.
63. Tendulkar is fourth on the list of players with most Test caps. Steve Waugh (168 Tests), Allan Border (158 Tests), Shane Warne (145 Tests) have appeared in more games than Tendulkar
64. Tendulkar has played the most number of Test Matches(144) for India (Kapil Dev is second with 131 Test appearances).
65. First to 25,000 international runs
66. Tendulkar's 25,016 runs in international cricket include 14,537 runs in ODI's, 10,469 Tests runs and 10 runs in the lone Twenty20 that India has played.
67. On December 10, 2005, Tendulkar made his 35th century in Tests at Delhi against Sri Lanka. He surpassed Sunil Gavaskar's record of 34 centuries to become the man with the most number of hundreds in Test cricket.
68. Tendulkar is the only player who has 150 wkts and more than 15000 runs in ODI
69. Tendulkar is the only player who has 40 wkts and more than 11000 runs in Tests
70. Only batsman to have 100 hundreds in the first class cricket
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by Muse Ran:

70. Only batsman to have 100 hundreds in the first class cricket


This information is not correct � Sachin is not the first to scope 100 centuries in first class cricket I got following list from wikipedia.
Andy Sandham
Colin Cowdrey
Denis Compton
Dennis Amiss
Don Bradman
Ernest Tyldesley
Frank Woolley
Geoffrey Boycott
Glenn Turner
Graeme Hick
Graham Gooch
Herbert Sutcliffe
Jack Hobbs
John Edrich
Len Hutton
Les Ames
Mark Ramprakash
Patsy Hendren
Phil Mead
Tom Graveney
Tom Hayward
Viv Richards
W. G. Grace
Wally Hammond
Zaheer Abbas


My blood is tested +ve for Java.
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

99*
Joe Harry
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 26, 2006
Posts: 9349
    
    2

Originally posted by Muse Ran:
Just have look at the records held by Sachin Tendulkar. No wonder why British Prime Minister is suggesting him for the honor of Sir .......

1. Highest Run scorer in the ODI
2. Most number of hundreds in the ODI 41
3. Most number of nineties in the ODI
4. Most number of man of the matches(56) in the ODI's
5. Most number of man of the series(14) in ODI's
6. Best average for man of the matches in ODI's
7. First Cricketer to pass 10000 run in the ODI
8. First Cricketer to pass 15000 run in the ODI
9. He is the highest run scorer in the world cup (1,796 at an average of 59.87 as on 20 March 2007)
10. Most number of the man of the matches in the world cup
11. Most number of runs 1996 world cup 523 runs in the 1996 Cricket World Cup at an average of 87.16
12. Most number of runs in the 2003 world cup 673 runs in 2003 Cricket World Cup, highest by any player in a single Cricket World Cup
13. He was Player of the World Cup Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup.
14. Most number of Fifties in ODI's 87
15. Appeared in Most Number of ODI's 407
16. He is the only player to be in top 10 ICC ranking for 10 years.
17. Most number of 100's in test's 39.
18. He is one of the three batsmen to surpass 11,000 runs in Test cricket, and the first Indian to do so
19. He is thus far the only cricketer to receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India's highest sporting honor
20. In 2003, Wisden rated Tendulkar as d No. 1 and Richards at No. 2 in all time Greatest ODI player
21. In 2002, Wisden rated him as the second greatest Test batsman after Sir Donald Bradman.
22. he was involved in unbroken 664-run partnership in a Harris Shield game in 1988 with friend and team mate Vinod Kambli,
23. Tendulkar is the only player to score a century in all three of his Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy debuts
24. In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire
25. Tendulkar has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri by Indian government. He is the only Indian cricketer to get all of them.
26. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 runs in a calendar year in ODI's 7 times
27. Tendulkar has scored 1894 runs in calendar year in ODI's most by any batsman
28. He is the highest earning cricketer in the world
29. He has the least percentage of the man of the matches awards won when team looses a match. Out of his 56 man of the match awards only 5 times India has lost.
30. Tendulkar most number man of match awards(10) against Australia
31. In August of 2003, Sachin Tendulkar was voted as the "Greatest Sportsman" of the country in the sport personalities category in the Best of India poll conducted by Zee News.
32. In November 2006, Time magazine named Tendulkar as one of the Asian Heroes.
33. In December 2006, he was named "Sports person of the Year
34. The current India Poised campaign run by The Times of India has nominated him as the Face of New India next to the likes of Amartya Sen and Mahatma Gandhi among others.
35. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 50 centuries in international cricket
36. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 75 centuries in international cricket:79 centuries
37. Has the most overall runs in cricket, (ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s), as of 30 June 2007 he had accumulated almost 26,000 runs overall.
38. Is second on the most number of runs in test cricket just after Brian Lara
39. Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly hold the world record for the maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership. They have put together 6,271 runs in 128 matches
40. The 20 century partnerships for opening pair with Sourav Ganguly is a world record
41. Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world record for the highest partnership in ODI matches when they scored 331 runs against New Zealand in 1999
42. Sachin Tendulkar has been involved in six 200 run partnerships in ODI matches - a record that he shares with Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid
43. Most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998
44. Only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs (41 Centuries and 87 Fifties)(as of 18th Nov, 2007)
45. the only player ever to cross the 13,000-14,000 and 15,000 run marks IN ODI.
46. Highest individual score among Indian batsmen (186* against New Zealand at Hyderabad in 1999).
47. The score of 186* is listed the fifth highest score recorded in ODI matches
48. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs against all major Cricketing nations.
49. Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259 innings and has the highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs
50. Most number of Stadium Appearances: 90 different Grounds
51. Consecutive ODI Appearances: 185
52. On his debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the second youngest debutant in the world
53. When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in 1990, he was the second youngest to score a century
54. Tendulkar's record of five test centuries before he turned 20 is a current world record
55. Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against NZ in 1999/00 Season) for the highest score in Test cricket by an Indian when captaining the side
56. Tendulkar has scored centuries against all test playing nations.[7] He was the third batman to achieve the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten
57. Tendulkar has 4 seasons in test cricket with 1000 or more runs - 2002 (1392 runs), 1999 (1088 runs), 2001 (1003 runs) and 1997 (1000 runs).[6] Gavaskar is the only other Indian with four seasons of 1000+ runs
58. He is second most number of seasons with over 1000 runs in world.
59. On 3 January 2007 Sachin Tendulkar (5751) edged past Brian Lara's (5736) world record of runs scored in Tests away from home
60. Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings
61. Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over 10,000 runs in Test matches
62. Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark and the third International player behind Allan Border and Brian Lara.
63. Tendulkar is fourth on the list of players with most Test caps. Steve Waugh (168 Tests), Allan Border (158 Tests), Shane Warne (145 Tests) have appeared in more games than Tendulkar
64. Tendulkar has played the most number of Test Matches(144) for India (Kapil Dev is second with 131 Test appearances).
65. First to 25,000 international runs
66. Tendulkar's 25,016 runs in international cricket include 14,537 runs in ODI's, 10,469 Tests runs and 10 runs in the lone Twenty20 that India has played.
67. On December 10, 2005, Tendulkar made his 35th century in Tests at Delhi against Sri Lanka. He surpassed Sunil Gavaskar's record of 34 centuries to become the man with the most number of hundreds in Test cricket.
68. Tendulkar is the only player who has 150 wkts and more than 15000 runs in ODI
69. Tendulkar is the only player who has 40 wkts and more than 11000 runs in Tests
70. Only batsman to have 100 hundreds in the first class cricket


With all this, it would be great if we had won atleast one World Cup title when Sachin is still with the team!
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Well, some palyers born to make records and some born to win matches /world cups.
[ November 06, 2008: Message edited by: Chetan Parekh ]
Sri Anand
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 06, 2005
Posts: 392
Kapil dev, stever waugh, vvn richards , ricky ponting are cricketers who know how to win rather than make records.Their Ability and capacity to perform at right time stands stronger then any individual record.
Sunny Malik
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 30, 2007
Posts: 86
One more century in Sachin's list


Research is what I'm doing when I dont know what I'm doing
Kashyap Hosdurga
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 19, 2005
Posts: 90
Originally posted by Sunny Malik:

--------------------------
One more century in Sachin's list
--------------------------

It is like addding a comment in Java program.

//This is a single line comment
Or
//Sachin made one more century
Nitin Nigam
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 03, 2006
Posts: 129
It was a fine innings, but we have been so used to of sachin's centuries that this innings looked nothing special. Looked like yet another century.
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Sachin cann't dance like Harbhajan
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:
Well, some palyers born to make records and some born to win matches /world cups.

[ November 06, 2008: Message edited by: Chetan Parekh ]


Kumble said during felicitaion cermony to Sahcin- Please create more records.
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Sachin has 100 catches in test matches
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by Prad Dip:


Kumble said during felicitaion cermony to Sahcin- Please create more records.


Kumble has really great sense of humor
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Sreesanth and his friends were playing loud music and disturbing peace at 2 AM in morning. Few weeks ago he knocked one techie down on Queens road,bengalooru.
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/index.aspx?page=article§id=10&contentid=20081022200810222345592392f1e3d7c§xslt=&pageno=1
He is troubling all bengalooru people.
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by Prad Dip:
Sreesanth and his friends were playing loud music and disturbing peace at 2 AM in morning. Few weeks ago he knocked one techie down on Queens road,bengalooru.


He must be preparing for a dance competition.
[ November 10, 2008: Message edited by: Chetan Parekh ]
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:


He must be preparing for a dance competition.

[ November 10, 2008: Message edited by: Chetan Parekh ]


One guy at the party was injured with blood coming out from his face.
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by Prad Dip:
He is troubling all bengalooru people.


Bengalooru need Harbhajan
Muse Ran
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 17, 2008
Posts: 317
one more reco to 10dulkar

Tendulkar achieve another landmark as he completed 100 catches in Test cricket.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Sachin (another mile stone)