This week's giveaway is in the EJB and other Java EE Technologies forum. We're giving away four copies of EJB 3 in Action and have Debu Panda, Reza Rahman, Ryan Cuprak, and Michael Remijan on-line! See this thread for details.
This is my first post so let me start off with my introduction. I am software Engg. In my current project which is based on Springs and ACEGI i needed to implement "RememberMe" option on the login page.
And hence saving three cookies. And i am saving cookies only if the checkbox is checked otherwise i am simply deleting the cookies. My login.js is:
The functions to set, delete and get cookies are in "global.js".
My loginForm.jsp is:
Everything works perfectly fine but the problem is that the cookies are remembered i.e the username and password can be seen filled only for approx an hour. After one hour the username and password cookies gets Everything works perfectly fine but the problem is that the cookies are remembered i.e the username and password can be seen filled only for approx an hour. After one hour the username and password cookies gets deleted. This is very strange. And the strange thing is that the checkbox cookie does not get deleted it can be seen there in the browser.
Although the cookies life is set to 30 days.
I think this is because of ACEGI. ACEGI security is doing something that i am not able to resolve.
I am new to Springs and ACEGI.
Um, if you are using Spring Security, the current name for what was Acegi.
1) When the user opens the Login page for the first time the Checkbox will be unchecked.
2) Once the user has checked the “RememberMe” Checkbox it will remain checked till the time user unchecks it. Even if the user opens a new browser it will remain checked.
3) If the “RememberMe” Checkbox is checked, Next time when user opens the Login page the text boxes will be filled by the correct Username and the Password that user has entered earlier. Even if the user closes the current window and opens a new one the credentials can be seen filled there.
4) If the user unchecks the “RememberMe” Checkbox the credentials will be no longer can be seen filled there.
5) If the user enters wrong credentials then that will not be remembered.
6) If the user after successful login closes the browser without logging out from the “mainMenu.jsp”, Next time when the user opens the login page he does not need to login again, in fact will be logged in automatically.
I just do not understand why the username and password cookies are getting deleted after some time say approx one hour. And the strange part is that the checkbox cookies is not deleted.Although the life is set to 30 days. And only using the filter will not fullfill all these requirements.