I am trying to get the java GUI to write in arabic.. I have actually reached output but I still have questions
Here is what I did:
1- Created the *.properties files in the usual way bel notepad, but named the file .txt instead of .properties
ex. greetings = اهلا
2-converted the arabic text to unicode escapes using native2ascii as follows:
ex: native2ascii -encoding cp1256 MessagesBundle_ar_EG.txt MessagesBundle_ar_EG.properties
3- The new .properties file now can be used successfully in swing components.
Now, this works.. I understand that I can do it another way, by making the properties file using a unicode ( UTF-8 ) editor.. which i tried to do using Yudit. But the result is strange characters.
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
The problem of strange characters comes when you save the file containing characters in a format that does not support all the characters in your file. So recheck the file format that you saved the file in.