The Java Gods have spoken, and I shall be beginning the path to certification tomorrow at 1pm (Finnish time), with My SCJA. I feel reasonably prepared, I have read Cameron's book several times, and taken his online exam questions, getting 99% right (the other 1% is to do with my not reading the questions - a pont which I must remember to correct for tommorow!) I have gone trough uCertify and Whizzlabs test on my windows box (at work) and passing on all occasions (despite dubious questions and scope (see my blog for more on that!) I have loitered the halls of this and other forums, grabbing info where I can, and scribbled (well typed at least) lines of code, in TextMate Eclipse and NetBeans, trying to demystify the basics. All in all about a year of Java introduction (and boy is there more to learn!). So thats it up till now. I have read Cameron's concise precis on the Sun Objectives for the SCJA exam and feel my knowledge is suffiicient to pass, however, one can never know all, so any tips, tricks, advice etc from wary Java travellers in the final moments to steer me in the right direction, would be much appreciated.
I also hate to be shamlessly self promoting (apologies to the moderators in advance), but I have started a Java beginners blog, to follow my foray into the Java world, where I intend to post up all my trials, tribulations moans and groans, news and views on all things Java, so if you have time to be critical, take a hop to http://javacabecedarian.blogspot.com/ and drop a word in (at least it will make my blog look well used!) especially beginners like me are welcome, no such thing as naievty there!
I would also like all Ranchers who helped out offered advice etc etc for getting me thus far, and its good to know the Ranch will be here for my next steps!
watch this space for news on my results tommorow!
Ta ta fo now
be a well encapsulated person, don't expose your privates, unless you public void getWife()!