This week's book giveaway is in the OCPJP forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide and have Kathy Sierra & Bert Bates on-line! See this thread for details.
In this role you will work as a consulting team member or an individual technical consultant. Design complexity may vary from fairly straight forward to complex, with single or multiple products and involve multiple computer environments. Expertise and work efforts focus primarily on delivering architectural, technical design, development and deployment services on engagements ranging from short-term ATG consulting to client/partner project teams to full life-cycle implementation projects. As part of this position, there is a strong potential to manage other technical staff of consultants.
• Analyze customer business requirements and software/product objectives; develops an application design in products to meet customer needs.
• Serve as a technical advisor and problem solver to clients and partners to assist them in optimizing their use of the ATG product suite to define, build and deploy online commerce and self service applications.
• Estimate time frames, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement project; develops project plan incorporating all project variables.
• Establish criteria concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, design and costs.
• Participate on ATG-based project teams in the design, development and deployment of custom ATG driven portal, e-commerce and relationship management solutions.
• Conduct periodic status checks with customers and team to assess progress against plan. Performs re-forecasts of project variables as necessary throughout project.
• Contribute to the growth of Sapient’s ATG business through the creation and sharing of knowledge and best practices based on engagement experiences.
• Tasks associated with the management of an internal staff of consultants may include: establishing goals, monitoring performance, performing staff appraisals or providing input to Professional Services Regional Director, managing daily personnel issues, coordinating technical and consulting training, and acting as a liaison between staff and Professional Services management.
• In addition to working on billable client engagements, may also assist as needed on pre-sales opportunities such as RFP responses, proposal delivery, architecture assessments, and technical qualifications.
• 5+ years of object oriented design and development of web-based Java applications
• Solid Java/J2EE skills including: JSP, Servlet, JDBC, EJB • J2EE application servers such as JBoss, ATG, Personalization
• Relational database modeling and development
• BS in computer science.
Expertise in developing complex tiered Java based Internet applications. Experience in implementing ATG based applications including the use of Commerce, Personalization and Scenario servers is a plus. Requires a strong understanding of complex computer science and software engineering principles. Proficiency in Java, OO Application Development, SQL, UNIX or NT is required. An ability to act as a mentor to other technical staff is critical. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills, are essential.
send me your CV at ref.sachin (at) gmail (dot) com