Maven is great for building the project in the integration machine , but as concern for use in the development environment its not so useful(unless you have some clever advice for me).
suppose i have application which is deployed as an ear file.
1. in eclipse i change some sources from different projects , now when i want to publish the ear to the server i need to build all projects before building the ear (which can take 15 minutes). build only the changed project and after that build the ear is not convenient .
2. when i run maven the eclipse which is use in the same output folders like maven getting crazy and show comilation errors.
I know this plugin, but i dont know how it can help here?
he can run the maven goals from eclipse,but run maven install from eclipse has the same problems ,like running it from the CLI.
1. in case of the ear - run mvn install without run mvn install on the changed project will not create update ear
2. in case of ear - run mvn install and publish it to the server will re-deploy the application (unlike WTP,which publish only the changed files)
3. run mvn install from eclipse will build the classes outside of eclipse , which cause to eclipse to get crazy.
Thank you a lot.
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com
subject: Do you use in maven ear to build your ear in dev env?