This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide 1Z0-808 and have Jeanne Boyarsky & Scott Selikoff on-line! See this thread for details.
I had cleared SCWCD 5.0 exam on 21st Jan 2009. Thanks you guys for all your support here & sharing your experience with others. Many many thanks to Kathy, Sierra, & Bryan for the fantastic book for the exam.
As my experience says, I found the exam hard than Free Mock Tests available on Enthuware & others. I don’t know exactly but I choose intermediate & experts in the sun survey before exam. I found the exam same like HF Kathy Sierra Mock Exam. Even hard than this. I found around 7 questions on Design Patterns which were not easy. I scored 50% in this area. Around 25% questions from Custom Taglibs. There were very less questions from JSP. There were no single question direct from the mock tests in exam.
My study for the exam was like this:
1. I read only one book - HF Kathy Sierra in or less than 27 days (I started on 19th Dec & Finished on 14th Jan) – I read it complete word by word & it took me around 27 days or less with daily around 2 hours study. Sometimes I didn’t read & sometimes I managed to read around 4-5 hrs. But average was 2 hrs around.
2. I revise the same book completely in around 6 hrs.
3. Understand web.xml completely as there were direct around 10 questions from this in exam.
4. I cleared 40 questions correctly out of 68 question in this book Mock in last. One question was not complete in Mock so didn’t attempt.
5. I score 80+ (sometimes 100%) in Free Mock Test available on Enthuware, Jcertify, javabeat etc etc.
I have good working experience in JSP & Servlets so I was pretty much sure to clear the exam with 80+ that I did. But I was expecting more…but as I say the exam was not easy like mocks available on sites…Sorry you guys if this hurt somebody but it’s true that I feel…