This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
mail your CV to: ref (dot) sachin (at) gmail (dot) com
Location: Delhi NCR, India
Specialist Platform – DB / Datawarehouse
Exp. level - 6+
- Core member of an advanced technology team responsible for owning the enterprise data aspects of the application development
- Subject Matter Expert for development of large scale database storing enterprise data
- Understand the business and technical requirements and help customers achieve their Business Intelligence vision using SQL Server BI tools
- Understand and implement the best practices prevalent in the industry for developing optimized, scalable and performance enriched applications
- Owns DB development best practices
- Owns Datawarehousing & Business Intelligence development best practices
- Work effectively with key stakeholders on complex cross-functional team
- Self learner exploring new tools/technologies on the horizon and providing point of views to the team and key client stakeholders. Expected to be hands on and develop critical functionality and/or POC.
Desired Candidate Profile:
Core Technical skills
Relational DB / DataWarehousing (DWH) / Business Intelligence skills (Required)
- Experience in architecting, optimizing and maintaining large enterprise databases
- Works with architect to ensure Data Integrity across the architecture
- Data Architect/Modeling experience using MS SQL Server 2005
- Excellent grasp of Database Design normalization, de-normalization, physical database design, relational models, etc.
- Experience in designing data model to store/report data from disparate data sources
- Defining the Data Modeling Standards, Data Loading strategies
- Expert knowledge of MS SQL Server and system tables and databases
- Expert knowledge of SQL and T-SQL. Ability to create queries to retrieve complex data
- Have Experience in writing stored procedures, triggers using T-SQL
- Experience in SQL Server 2005 performance tuning (knowledge on Wintel)
- Knowledge of Query tuning Use of Query hints & indexes
- Experience in SQL Server 2005 environment planning and configuration, including hardware and storage, etc.
- Experience in SQL Server 2005 high availability planning and implementation
- Business Intelligence (BI) experience with a strong understanding of data warehousing concepts, data modeling concepts and design
- Use Business Intelligence tools and OLAP to generate cubes and analytical reports on large volumes of data.
- Well Versed with Data warehousing Architecture on the Design, Development, and Extraction of Data and in the Reporting structure from a Data warehouse using BI and OLAP tools
- Data Architect/Modeling experience using MS SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience in deployment of all SQL Server 2005 components, including DB, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Experience with Multidimensional/Relational OLAP (MOLAP, ROLAP)
- Have Experience of loading OLAP databases using SSIS
Technical Skills (Desirable)
- Knowledge in .Net 2.0+
- Experience in Oracle is desirable
Other Skills (Required)
- Ability to contribute to the team and organization in terms of training