aspose file tools*
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes What do you infer  from this!! Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "What do you infer  from this!! " Watch "What do you infer  from this!! " New topic
Author

What do you infer from this!!

Raghavendra nandavar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 26, 2005
Posts: 231
Every morning in africa a deer wakes up, it knows it must run
faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning a lion wakes up.it knows it must run faster than
the slowest deer or it will starve to death.
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or deer, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.


My blood is tested +ve for Java.
Jim Yingst
Wanderer
Sheriff

Joined: Jan 30, 2000
Posts: 18671
What do you infer from this!!

That deer aren't very smart, and many of them are wasting their energy?


"I'm not back." - Bill Harding, Twister
Raghavendra nandavar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 26, 2005
Posts: 231
Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or deer, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.


These forwarded messages reach people faster than the
speed of light
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by Raghavendra nandavar:


These forwarded messages reach people faster than the
speed of light


It is not the bigger fish that eats a smaller fish- it is a faster fish that eats a slower fish.
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Lions are not just faster then deer, but also smarter then deer.
[ May 23, 2006: Message edited by: Chetan Parekh ]
Raghavendra nandavar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 26, 2005
Posts: 231
Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:
Lions are not just faster then deer, but also smarter then deer.

[ May 23, 2006: Message edited by: Chetan Parekh ]


Yeah...

Bo Yyempeti
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 22, 2006
Posts: 111
A lion only need be as fast as the slowest deer to survive.
(Any faster and he is wasting his energy.)

Conversely, a deer has to be faster than the fastest lion to survive.
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by Bhoooooo Yyempeti:
A lion only need be as fast as the slowest deer to survive.
(Any faster and he is wasting his energy.)

Conversely, a deer has to be faster than the fastest lion to survive.


Good point bawa!!
Ashok Mash
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 13, 2000
Posts: 1936
That they should sit down and discuss to reach an agreement so that every X days the slowest deer will go to the fastest lion and present itself as breakfast.


[ flickr ]
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by Ashok Mash:
That they should sit down and discuss to reach an agreement so that every X days the slowest deer will go to the fastest lion and present itself as breakfast.


Why you wanna teach CMMi level processes to animals?
Raghavendra nandavar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 26, 2005
Posts: 231
Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:


Why you wanna teach CMMi level processes to animals?


ha ha.. He is giving the Project Execution Plan for the animals..
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by Raghavendra nandavar:


ha ha.. He is giving the Project Execution Plan for the animals..


He is treating clients like animal
S Venkatesh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2005
Posts: 464

Originally posted by Raghavendra nandavar:
Every morning in africa a deer wakes up, it knows it must run
faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning a lion wakes up.it knows it must run faster than
the slowest deer or it will starve to death.


I think we should provide superbikes for deers and lions. Then the race will be nice to see
[ May 23, 2006: Message edited by: Venkatesh Sai ]
Raghavendra nandavar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 26, 2005
Posts: 231
Originally posted by Venkatesh Sai:


I think we should provide superbikes for deers and lions. Then the race will be nice to see

[ May 23, 2006: Message edited by: Venkatesh Sai ]


Oh!!! When it comes to life, deers and lions can run faster than superbikes..
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender

Joined: Oct 02, 2003
Posts: 11229
    
  16

doesn't a deer only have to run faster than ONE other deer?
[ May 23, 2006: Message edited by: fred rosenberger ]

There are only two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors
Sri Gnana
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 29, 2004
Posts: 166
Rule of Nature


Thanks & Regards
Sri Gnana
Everythings Programmed!...
Jim Yingst
Wanderer
Sheriff

Joined: Jan 30, 2000
Posts: 18671
[fred]: doesn't a deer only have to run faster than ONE other deer?

Depends. If there are two lions in the area and one kills the slowest deer, do they stop and share? A deer may have to be faster than at least N other deer, where N is the number of nonsharing lions. Still, that's probably much easier than being faster than the fastest lion.
Greg Charles
Sheriff

Joined: Oct 01, 2001
Posts: 2848
    
  11

It reminds me of a story:

Two boys are hiking in the woods, when they come around a bend and face to face with a hungry grizzly bear. One starts to run away and the other shouts at him, "You idiot! You can't outrun a grizzly bear!" He shouts back, "I don't have to outrun the bear. I just have to outrun you!"

I had a professor that used that story to explain why students liked grading on a curve.
Mark Spritzler
ranger
Sheriff

Joined: Feb 05, 2001
Posts: 17250
    
    6

Originally posted by Jim Yingst:
[fred]: doesn't a deer only have to run faster than ONE other deer?

Depends. If there are two lions in the area and one kills the slowest deer, do they stop and share? A deer may have to be faster than at least N other deer, where N is the number of nonsharing lions. Still, that's probably much easier than being faster than the fastest lion.



Also, if the slowest deer is in the middle of the pack, then the lion will pick one that is closer and not just run past the other deers to get to that slowest one. Just the one lagging behind is the deer they get. Or they get the dumbest deer who asks the Lion if they have any Grey Poupon.

Mark


Perfect World Programming, LLC - Two Laptop Bag - Tube Organizer
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way FAQ
Jim Yingst
Wanderer
Sheriff

Joined: Jan 30, 2000
Posts: 18671
Indeed. Being fastest deer isn't always an advantage, either. If you run ahead of the herd, you may just blunder into a lion hiding somewhere ahead. Being in the middle of the herd is probably safest.
Ashok Mash
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 13, 2000
Posts: 1936
Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:
Why you wanna teach CMMi level processes to animals?


Similar exercises with (management) animals in the past have proven a great success!!
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender

Joined: Oct 02, 2003
Posts: 11229
    
  16

if you're in the middle, aren't you more likely to be tripped by your friend, and possibly break a leg?
Jim Yingst
Wanderer
Sheriff

Joined: Jan 30, 2000
Posts: 18671
Some friend.
Jeroen T Wenting
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 21, 2006
Posts: 1847
that's why deer have eyes to see where their friends are running and hooves to kick friends getting too close for comfort.


42
Mike Van
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 06, 2006
Posts: 83
Originally posted by Raghavendra nandavar:
Every morning in africa a deer wakes up, it knows it must run
faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning a lion wakes up.it knows it must run faster than
the slowest deer or it will starve to death.


It means that lions have not learned that eating undercooked deer meat can be very dangerous for your health. They also obviously have not learned that cholesterol from deer is the second leading cause of death among lions between the ages of 5 and 15 (The first of course being stepped on by elephants). Lions are particularly prone to laziness, as they feed on the small and handi-capable deer instead of going after the more fit ones. All in all, I'd say that lions deserve what they get. In the wild-kingdom, lions aren't the kings, its the in-shape deer to whom the spoils go.


Mike Van
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Unless you really suck at it. Then, you might just want to try something else, if you dont' want to be a loser I mean.
Aj Mathia
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 11, 2003
Posts: 478
Deers should keep the company of slower animals.


You think you know me .... You will never know me ... You know only what I let you know ... You are just a puppet ... --CMG
Ashik Uzzaman
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 05, 2001
Posts: 2370

If you are a great anf kind hearted deer, don't run. Save the lives of other deers and the slowest lion.


Ashik Uzzaman
Senior Member of Technical Staff, Salesforce.com, San Francisco, CA, USA.
Jeroen T Wenting
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 21, 2006
Posts: 1847
Originally posted by Ajay Mathew:
Deers should keep the company of slower animals.


But lions prefer eating deer over sloth
Aj Mathia
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 11, 2003
Posts: 478
Originally posted by Jeroen T Wenting:


But lions prefer eating deer over sloth


Ok then Deers should keep the company of slower (tastier) animals.
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Someone should ask lions and deer about what they have to say about this.
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Posts: 3830
If all deer will run in opposite direction (to lion) then revolutionary changes might happen...
S Venkatesh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2005
Posts: 464

Originally posted by rathi ji:
If all deer will run in opposite direction (to lion) then revolutionary changes might happen...


since both lion and deer will be moving on superbikes, i think we need traffic signals in the jungle also we need some traffic police to control them
Raghavendra nandavar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 26, 2005
Posts: 231
Originally posted by Venkatesh Sai:


since both lion and deer will be moving on superbikes, i think we need traffic signals in the jungle also we need some traffic police to control them


You are deeply influenced by super bikes.. I guess
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: What do you infer from this!!