today I cleared SCBCD 5 with 98%. Thank you to all members of this forum for all your support and enlightening discussions.
Some remarks concerning my preparation:
- studied about 7 months with some interruptions
- started with "Mastering Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0"
- used "Pro EJB 3" for learning JPA
- afterwars studied the specs (JPA spec completely and core spec chapters 3 - 5, 12 - 22)
- used Enthuware mock exam and a trial version of uCertify
- I felt SCBCD much harder than SCJP because it's so much more stuff. In SCJP preparation I made and memorized about 150 index cards, in SCBCD I made and memorized a script of about 260 pages (1 page matches with 2 index cards). The number of annotations in JPA is already endless.
- On the other hand, in SCBCD - to my experience - there are no "tricks" in the exam questions like "private class" instead of "public class", missing brackets, etc. as you know them from SCJP.
thank you very much for your congratulations. I feel happy about them.
Would you mind to share script of about 260 pages?
It's handwriten, on paper ...
Thanks for clarifying my (unasked) query about the exam's obfuscation level. Can you please tell us more on this?
Well, I try.
- almost all questions were multiple choice questions and about 2/3 of them with single answer
- no "none of these" option in multiple choice questions
- number of correct answers per question is given (like SCJP)
- there had been question about deployment descriptors in the exam. So you have to know them, but on a somewhat rougher level. For example it's good to know how <container-transaction> or <method-permission> works but I don't think you really have to be aware where exactly the <ejb-name> element has to be placed there.