Hi guys. I'm following the tutorial 1 in chapter 6 of IBM's Intro to RAD book which is to create a CMP entity bean. The steps are:
1. Create an EJB Project
2. Create an Entity EJB
3. Perform Top-Down Mapping
4. Run the Generated DDL on the Target Database Server
5. Create an EJB Finder Method
6. Create a Datasource
7. Associate the Student EJB with the Datasource
8. Test the EJB Using the Universal Test Client
When I try to do step 8 I get the following ultimate root exception:
I am thinking that I do something incorrect in the steps 6 and/or 7, however, I did try to go over these steps twice. Thanks in advance.
posted 6 years ago
You could probably test the connection on the data source which you created to make sure that step 6 is okay.
1) Start the admin console : http://localhost:9060/ibm/console <-- assuming you have the default ports running 6.1, 7.0
2) Navigate (left hand side): Resources->JDBC->JDBC Providers
- Click on the name of the provider from the list
- Select Data sources from the Additional properties on the right
3) Select your Data Source, and then click Test connection button
If this appears to work, I think that step 6 is okay, if not there should be some additional information in the log which you can post. Especially the call stack.