I have cleared SCWCD 5.0 with 78% today...
Thanks to you all, as most of the questions i had during my preparation, were already discussed in the forum and helped me to get clarified. It took around 8 weeks.
Here are some tips..
1. Do not take exam unless you are really ready and had already solved many mock questions atleast 400+ from everywhere including HFSJ Final exam, Chapter wise questions, enthuware mock, Marcus green mock etc. Even though i did not score well in HFSJ Final exam, i felt comfortable in taking real exam.
2. Read HFSJ 2-3 times. Book by Manning is excellent, provides more inputs and crisp clear. I like this book.
3. Notes from MZ and Ashok's API compilation is good ..
4. Once you got most of the concepts from above, read Servlet 2.4 Specs, JSP 2.0...This will give you more finer points and clear cut understanding
5. Read core tags explanation from JSTL 1.1 Specs..these helped me getting 100% in JSP Technology model
6. Peabody SCWCD patterns helps a lot..i scored 100% in design patterns
Most of the confusion during mocks i had was in EL, and custom tags...Marcus green tutorial on custom tags and Servlet Specs should clear these topics.
Good luck to everyone who is about to venture and thanks again, to you all !!