I am trying to execute following steps in my server side code:
1. I receive a request from GUI requesting for details of an entity.
2. I need these details from an external system, so I put a message on the queue of an external server asking for the details I need.
3. I registered a listener which waits for the response message on a topic.
4. I also store request, response, session and servlet objects in message listener.
5. Current thread does not send the response back to the client and ends.
6. In the onMessage() method, I verify the response and try to forward the response to the client who had requested for it using request dispatcher I get from the stored request object.
After I forward the response, the GUI never received the response back? Call to forward does not throw any exception. Am I doing something that is not allowed or expected?