Opportunity for Cleared Senior Software Engineer/Systems Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
Jennifer Roth Drury
posted 6 years ago
Qualified candidate will be involved in architecting and network topologies, creating a reference architecture that will provision systems that are world-wide. He or she will also be part of a skunk works group developing innovative solutions that are for operational use.
Core Technology Experience:
1. Building and maintaining Ruby on Rails, J Ruby applications
3. Comfortable developing software in the Linux environment, especially Redhat based distributions
4. Strong understanding of object-oriented design patterns and principles
5. Experience designing SQL queries for relational databases, especially MySQL
6. Experience in architecture and deployment of large scale data centers
7. Experience in network analysis
8. Experience in reference architectures for enterprise software provisioning and computing in development, testing, and integration.
9. HIE (human interface engineering) knowledge and GUI design
Additional Hands-on Technology Experience that is helpful:
1. Experience with various scripting languages (Perl, Python, Ruby/JRuby, shell scripts)
2. Hand writing HTML and CSS
3. Experience using version control systems such as SVN, CVS, Mercurial, or GIT
4. JMS protocol
5. Managing VMware virtual machines
6. System administration of data centers
7. Hands on experience with open source projects
Managerial and Planning Experience:
1. Developing and writing technical architectural proposals
2. Developing test plans, integration, and test of large scale data centers
3. Excellent Communication, documentation, presentation skills
4. Hiring, mentoring, customer interaction, engineering team builder
5. Network and systems topology
6. Scheduling, level of effort, forecasting
BS Electronics or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering required.
1. Positions require a TOP SECRET security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of full screening polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
2. Motivated self starter
3. Can adapt quickly to changing and volatile project requirements
4. Quick reaction
5. Good people skills
6. Ability to travel 10%
KEYW Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE, M/F/D/V.