I use Squirrel SQL (http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/) as database tool. I'd like to know what unique DbVisualizer features can attract me that I don't have using other db tools.
SCEA 5 (part 1), SCBCD, SCWCD, SCJP, CLP, CLS
posted 6 years ago
Sorry for the delay. I missed your post.
DbVisualizer is no rocket science but it is very mature and include a lot of utility features that makes DB admin and development easier.
Here are some of the major feature areas in DbVisualizer include:
- Schema Export with reverse engineering of DDL + export of table data
- Monitor feature which is used to periodically run SELECT statements and present the result in charts
- Professional table data editor with spreadsheet editing mode and row form mode
- Graphical query builder
- SQL Formatting
- Database object management with functions for create, alter, drop, etc. specifically for each of the supported databases
- Plug-in framework which allows integrating support for a database only by editing an XML file
Check the following web page for complete information: