aspose file tools*
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes Apply Lateral Thinking Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "Apply Lateral Thinking " Watch "Apply Lateral Thinking " New topic
Author

Apply Lateral Thinking

Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
A bird was flying at the sky at 12 afternoon on a very hot sunny summer day. But on the earth, there was a shadow of a single wing. Bird had two winds. Why there was not shadow of second wing?


My blood is tested +ve for Java.
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Posts: 3830
Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:
A bird was flying at the sky at 12 afternoon on a very hot sunny summer day. But on the earth, there was a shadow of a single wing. Bird had two winds. Why there was not shadow of second wing?


Bird belongs to Panjab.
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by rathi ji:


Bird belongs to Panjab.


I am not getting you. How that can be related to Panjab?
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Posts: 3830
Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:


I am not getting you. How that can be related to Panjab?


Apply lateral thinking...
Nitin Nigam
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 03, 2006
Posts: 129
Was there solare eclipse on that day?
So that one wing was exposed to sun and the other was eclipsed.


Nothing is impossible; for those who doesnt have to do it themselves.
myjotting.blogspot.com
richa shah
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 06, 2006
Posts: 30
Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:
A bird was flying at the sky at 12 afternoon on a very hot sunny summer day. But on the earth, there was a shadow of a single wing. Bird had two winds. Why there was not shadow of second wing?



The bird is keeping one wing over its head to shade it from the sun !!
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by richa shah:



The bird is keeping one wing over its head to shade it from the sun !!


That is the right answer
richa shah
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 06, 2006
Posts: 30
Yippeee !! what do i win !!!
Deepak Bala
Bartender

Joined: Feb 24, 2006
Posts: 6662
    
    5

I am going to promote myself as moderator and delete both your accounts for wasting 3 minutes of my life with that question and answer


SCJP 6 articles - SCJP 5/6 mock exams - More SCJP Mocks
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by richa shah:
Yippeee !! what do i win !!!


Check your PM
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by John Meyers:
I am going to promote myself as moderator and delete both your accounts for wasting 3 minutes of my life with that question and answer


You have aslo waste 1 minute of my life with this reply
[ September 18, 2006: Message edited by: Chetan Parekh ]
vasu maj
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 12, 2001
Posts: 395
Panjab


What a wonderful world!
Aj Mathia
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 11, 2003
Posts: 478
Originally posted by vasu maj:
Panjab


Yes definitely Punjab.
Ok one more.
if you travel around the earth in a straight line you will end up near your starting point.
so are you travelling straight or in a circle or a straight circle ?


You think you know me .... You will never know me ... You know only what I let you know ... You are just a puppet ... --CMG
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by Ajay Mathew:
if you travel around the earth in a straight line you will end up near your starting point.
so are you travelling straight or in a circle or a straight circle ?


You will be traveling horizontally parallel to the surface of the earth.
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Posts: 3830
Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:


Check your PM


Prize shouldn't be given in personal.

Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by rathi ji:


Prize shouldn't be given in personal.



Check your PM.
Raghav Sam
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 12, 2001
Posts: 412
Somehow, these so called lateral thinking puzzles dont appeal! They always have only one correct answer - that of the puzzle creator.


Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.<br />- Dr. Seuss
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Posts: 3830
Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:


Check your PM.


Checked, didn't get any...
:roll:
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by rathi ji:


Checked, didn't get any...
:roll:


It was a miss call
[ September 19, 2006: Message edited by: Chetan Parekh ]
Nitin Nigam
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 03, 2006
Posts: 129
Originally posted by Raghav Sam:
Somehow, these so called lateral thinking puzzles dont appeal! They always have only one correct answer - that of the puzzle creator.


Very well said. The puzzle creator expects everybody to think laterally and he himself cannot think laterally. He contineously disapproves other ansewrs which can be as good as the one in creator's mind.
[ September 19, 2006: Message edited by: Nitin Nigam ]
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by Nitin Nigam:
Very well said. The puzzle creator expects everybody to think laterally and he himself can think laterally. He contineously disapproves other ansewrs which can be as good as the one in creator's mind.


Nothing wrong in it as long as you are a creator/poster of that puzzle.

Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Jason is lying dead, he has an iron bar across his back and some food in front of him. Why did he die?
vasu maj
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 12, 2001
Posts: 395
He must have got bored of food.
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
no!
 
permaculture playing cards
 
subject: Apply Lateral Thinking