This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
I am extremely disappointed with the product. I found errors in the online version. It seems the product is not mature. The interface is very sloppy. Although the questions are very good; the way they are structured in the software is absolutely shabby. There are typos and programming issues with the online & download version of software.
I have been using Whizlab for a while, I think its pretty good product and a great learning tool.
May be it has to do something with the system configuration. I bought it and downloaded after doing some research online.
I found it working pretty well on my system.
I got the SCJP Prepkit 6.0 and its not only a major disappointment but it can potentially shatter your confidence as well.
Let me count the ways --
1. You are allowed to download a demo but be careful, you might try a quiz here and there to see what functionalities its giving you for your $$$. Each section gives you three attempts at Test Conditions. But they fail to inform you that your DEMO attempts count towards your total count. So if you used your 3 attempts on your DEMO, your brand new shinny PURCHASED version gives you ZERO attempts more. I asked if I could reset them. I got some cheery -- we appreciate your purchase and your thoughts but nothing is done.
2. The questions are beyond messy. -- If you can figure these questions out. You are a genius. Forget SCJP.. go after the Architecture Certification instead.
3. Mistakes a plenty.
4. When I failed the diagnositics miserable -- seems to be a trend in this ( I noticed a 10 year Java Pro who had the same problem - he has a thread somewhere on this forum). You retreat back to the comforts of K&B. Me personally.. I read the book 3 times. Backwards, Forwards. The notes I have made for myself is going on 60 pages. But its still not enough.. So I am going thru detox right now. Getting Whizlabs out of my system and hitting it again fresh.
5. There doesnt seem to be any kind of structure when you need it. -- like tackling the individual objectives then practise then final before the exam. Just pay and go.
6. Some explanations are overly simple and others refer you to links to sites which again are helpful if going for your Developer or Architecture exam. A wee bit outside my level of expertise.
7. The exam questions and answers are not randomized. If you have seen them once, they are kinda useless.
Oh yeah.. the help support guys...you clue into this being a package you should have never spent your money on. They disappear on you. So much for valuing your feedback.
If its not clear enough. DONT BUY FROM WHIZLABS. For me personally, it came down to this.. am I willing to take a gut check, fail miserably, lose 300 dollars only to deal with this bunch of guys who wont answer your mail when its got a hint of negative response to try and get your 50 bucks back (highly unlikely). Answer.. well No.
I would just like to summarize...
I am talking about Whizlabs SCJP 5.0 preparation kit for $99
After I had formatting/ drag and drop issues with the downloaded version, they gave me link to the online version which has only 3 attempts per test.
I found a bunch of issues including -
Wrong questions...code errors, expected answer not found in the options
Bad formatting..you lose time formatting each question and not on the answer of the question
There is an issue with drag and drop questions - When you drag a word and even if you do not use it, you cannot drag it again!
The online attempts should be unlimited as previously advertised and not restricted to 3.
They give half points for the half correct answers!
After I contacted them, they have corrected some questions and formatting issues but others still linger.
Just to save you from some frustration, use reputed sources for your practice