the trailboss abuses his CodeRanch power for his other stuff (power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely is kinda neat!)
permaculture light bulbs permaculture electric heat permaculture cast iron permaculture wood burning stove permaculture solar food dehydrators
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes Move your mouse over smilies Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Spring in Action this week in the Spring forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "Move your mouse over smilies" Watch "Move your mouse over smilies" New topic
Author

Move your mouse over smilies

S Venkatesh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2005
Posts: 464

Move your mouse over the smilies while you have your mouse button pressed. Some convey totally different meaning

:roll:

Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 26, 2005
Posts: 824


Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.
My Blog | Red5 Resources | Technology Update | Daily Technology Tips
S Venkatesh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2005
Posts: 464

Originally posted by Sunil Kumar Gupta:


Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 26, 2005
Posts: 824
Originally posted by Venkatesh Sai:




For taking my two minutes
Ernest Friedman-Hill
author and iconoclast
Marshal

Joined: Jul 08, 2003
Posts: 24187
    
  34

Originally posted by Venkatesh Sai:
Move your mouse over the smilies while you have your mouse button pressed.


No idea what you're on about.


[Jess in Action][AskingGoodQuestions]
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender

Joined: Oct 02, 2003
Posts: 11420
    
  16

Originally posted by Ernest Friedman-Hill:


No idea what you're on about.



hi-light some of the smilies, like you were going to cut-n-paste them. due to the shading of the color and where the pixels fall (that's my guess), some of them seem to look different. the normal smile
looks a little like it's frowning.

at least, that's what i see on WinXP and Mozilla


There are only two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors
Deepak Bala
Bartender

Joined: Feb 24, 2006
Posts: 6662
    
    5

They look the same to me


SCJP 6 articles - SCJP 5/6 mock exams - More SCJP Mocks
S Venkatesh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2005
Posts: 464

Originally posted by fred rosenberger:



hi-light some of the smilies, like you were going to cut-n-paste them. due to the shading of the color and where the pixels fall (that's my guess), some of them seem to look different. the normal smile
looks a little like it's frowning.

at least, that's what i see on WinXP and Mozilla


you got it
Ernest Friedman-Hill
author and iconoclast
Marshal

Joined: Jul 08, 2003
Posts: 24187
    
  34

Here's a nickel, get a real computer, guys.

(Brought to you by Mac OS X).
S Venkatesh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2005
Posts: 464

i am wondering y is that happening? y sld a smiley that is smiling become sad when i drag the mouse over it
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Following must be very funny, I can;t see on my desk as firewall doesn't allow me. :roll:

Ctrl A : Funny Pictures That Change When You "Select All"


My blood is tested +ve for Java.
Greg Charles
Sheriff

Joined: Oct 01, 2001
Posts: 2854
    
  11

I don't get the shading effect, but in Firefox you have the ability to drag-and-drop images. Since you can't drop them back on the web page, the cursor turns into the "No" symbol. (Circle with a slash.) So the happy face, becomes happiness forbidden.
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender

Joined: Oct 02, 2003
Posts: 11420
    
  16

Originally posted by Ernest Friedman-Hill:
Here's a nickel, get a real computer, guys.

(Brought to you by Mac OS X).


I'll have you know that for my 5yr anniversary, I bought my wife a Mac Mini, which does indeed run OS X.

and it cost a little bit more than a nickel.
marc weber
Sheriff

Joined: Aug 31, 2004
Posts: 11343

Originally posted by fred rosenberger:
... I'll have you know that for my 5yr anniversary, I bought my wife a Mac Mini, which does indeed run OS X.

and it cost a little bit more than a nickel.

A little. But now you have a real computer.


"We're kind of on the level of crossword puzzle writers... And no one ever goes to them and gives them an award." ~Joe Strummer
sscce.org
 
permaculture playing cards
 
subject: Move your mouse over smilies