and in the same tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost directory there is a ROOT.xml file which had
<Context docBase="acuscreen" path="">
I believe now, that the myContext.xml file is never used but only ROOT.xml file is used and because path="", no context path was ever used in the urls.
and all urls inside the application did not have the "context path" in them.
On my local development server, i installed tomcat and i have used myContext as my context root and it is in server.xml as
and because none of the urls in the application have "context path" in them, iam getting "The requested resource (/xxx.do) is not available."
I believe that if i add context path to that url it would work, but is there a way that i can direct requests from all urls via this default context path without actually appending the context path to those urls in the code.