This week's book giveaway is in the OCMJEA forum.
We're giving away four copies of OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide and have Paul Allen & Joseph Bambara on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Tomcat and the fly likes How to get Thread Dump in Tomcat Windows 32-bit Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide this week in the OCMJEA forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Products » Tomcat
Bookmark "How to get Thread Dump in Tomcat Windows 32-bit" Watch "How to get Thread Dump in Tomcat Windows 32-bit" New topic
Author

How to get Thread Dump in Tomcat Windows 32-bit

Ramakanta Sahoo
Ranch Hand

Hi All,

I'm running Tomcat 5.0.28 in Windows machine and tomcat is running as a service.
JDK Version Sun JDK 1.4.2_13
I got a problem my app in Tomcat server crashed and i want a tread dump from tomcat server.

I know in Windos CTRL+BREAK will give a thread dump if it runs from command prompt and in Linux kill -3 PID but non of these are possible fo me.
jstack also only available in windows from 1.6.
I cant use any third party tools also.
Is there any other way to get a thread dump. ???

Regards, Ricky
Oracle Weblogic 10g Certified Expert TechPaste.Com
Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Code to print a list of all threads is at http://faq.javaranch.com/java/ThreadLister. It's easy to turn that into a servlet that you can hit whenever you need a thread dump (in this case it would even be OK to make it a JSP page that needs no mapping in web.xml).

Ping & DNS - my free Android networking tools app
Ramakanta Sahoo
Ranch Hand

Ulf Dittmer wrote:Code to print a list of all threads is at http://faq.javaranch.com/java/ThreadLister. It's easy to turn that into a servlet that you can hit whenever you need a thread dump (in this case it would even be OK to make it a JSP page that needs no mapping in web.xml).

Thank you so much but I dont know JSP.
How I will be able to convert it to JSP.

jQuery in Action, 2nd edition

subject: How to get Thread Dump in Tomcat Windows 32-bit