When you’re building your career, you can’t let it be defined for you. You need to go where your skills, knowledge, and ambition take you—and where the action is. At KPMG you’ll have plenty of room to build a great career while you contribute to the combined knowledge and experience of our Audit, Tax, and Advisory services. At KPMG you’ll also have access to senior leadership, Career Development Architecture, and real opportunities to reach your career goals. We are currently seeking a Senior Developer to join us in our Dallas office.
- Work with business analysts, other team members and clients to review business requirements and prepare technical design documents, including the documentation of extended use cases, class diagrams, collaboration diagrams, sequence diagrams and non-functional and functional prototypes, as needed
- Perform software construction, including preparation of new software, reuse of existing code, modification of existing programs, or merging of purchased applications
- Provide technical advice throughout the requirements gathering phases
- Translate business and functional requirements (business process models and use cases) into detailed technical design - from system down to code-level design
- Design and develop proof-of-concepts to test and prove designs, as required
- Provide the development and execution of system and application design documents, system configuration guides, development and deployment guides, product standards, research and position papers, product evaluation, analysis, and proofs-of-concept
- Perform unit testing and debugging
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of implementation documentation
- Work with business analysts, Quality Assurance (QA), or Information Technology (IT) staff to analyze and resolve defects identified through the QA process
- Work with business analysts, help desk personnel, and other IT professionals to help identify and resolve issues in the production environment
- Five years of experience in application design, development and database
- Experience in WebSphere RAD and SSRS
- In-depth knowledge of application, database, system, and network design with a strong understanding of enterprise standard design / development tools and methodologies
- Experience with ASP.NET environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong hands on knowledge of Object-Oriented and/or Service-Oriented methodologies and tools
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
KPMG offers and supports flexible work arrangements as well as part-time schedules. We also offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Interested? We strongly encourage you to apply online at www.kpmgcareers.com and search for requisition 19970 or click the job link below.
KPMG. A great place to build your career.
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.