aspose file tools*
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes [Cricket]  IPL Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Spring in Action this week in the Spring forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "[Cricket]  IPL " Watch "[Cricket]  IPL " New topic
Author

[Cricket] IPL

Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
IPL has become more like a Page3 event rather then a cricketing event.

IPL


My blood is tested +ve for Java.
Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 42285
    
  64
I'd think that there's maybe more important stuff to report on than a sporting event, like the election, no? The shifting of the venue to South Africa probably didn't help, either.


Ping & DNS - my free Android networking tools app
Monu Tripathi
Rancher

Joined: Oct 12, 2008
Posts: 1369
    
    1

Ulf wrote:I'd think that there's maybe more important stuff to report on than a sporting event, like the election, no? The shifting of the venue to South Africa probably didn't help, either.


I never knew you follow cricket too!


[List of FAQs] | [Android FAQ] | [Samuh Varta]
Sagar Rohankar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 19, 2008
Posts: 2902
    
    1

Cricket in India is more about glamor, Bollywood, etc now, but still I love IPL, because there no other place on earth where you can see Sachin Tendulkar Opening with Sanath Jasuriya


[LEARNING bLOG] | [Freelance Web Designer] | [and "Rohan" is part of my surname]
Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 42285
    
  64
I never knew you follow cricket too!

I don't; I do follow South Asian events in general, though, and the attack of Lahore and the venue shift of the IPL were certainly big news there.
aditee sharma
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 22, 2008
Posts: 182
Chetan Parekh wrote:IPL has become more like a Page3 event rather then a cricketing event.

IPL


Well, the idea behind 20/20 is to make cricket more popular. I believe 20/20 format is still evolving.
Glamor, cheerleaders, sudden death etc. are concepts borrowed from more popular sports like Soccer, American football etc.
However, if all this is harming cricket, then I'm sure we'll see corrections being done.
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

aditee sharma wrote:
Chetan Parekh wrote:IPL has become more like a Page3 event rather then a cricketing event.

IPL


Well, the idea behind 20/20 is to make cricket more popular. I believe 20/20 format is still evolving.
Glamor, cheerleaders, sudden death etc. are concepts borrowed from more popular sports like Soccer, American football etc.
However, if all this is harming cricket, then I'm sure we'll see corrections being done.


Times have changes. People no longer are intersted in reading activities. Times of India has brain washed people so galmour, dance and drinking have become part of life. Accept it.


Groovy
 
permaculture playing cards
 
subject: [Cricket] IPL