This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
1. I call a jsp from my browser as "http://localhost:8080/myapp/test.jsp"
2. Now this page is a simple login form and accepts a username and password and then calls a servlet called "Authenticator".
3. this servlet basically checks the for username and password and forwards it to "/administrator/index.jsp".
4. I have a filter mapped to the URL "/administrator/index.jsp".
5. I want to know what should be the dispatcher tag contain if the servlet is forwarding the request using RequestDispatcher and secondly If the servlet is using response.sendRedirect() to forward to the index.jsp page.
Currently I am handling the forward by RequestDispatcher forward by making use of FORWARD value in the dispatcher element. My filter-mapping looks as follows:
Right now my filter is not being called when the servlet is foerwarding using response.sendRedirect("/administrator/index.jsp") due to the dispatcher element.
what should be the value included in the dispatcher element if I want the filter to be called for the response.sendRedirect() method?