This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
After 3 weeks my result has been published in the certmanager site and says I'm certified.
I had a doubt because in the cermanager site it only appears a grade "P" and score 0. After to ask who2contact, they confirmed me this is normal and I wont receive a detailed score.
Anyway I'm so happy to reach this goal that I proposed myself 3 years ago, when I started the Sun certification path.
My activities to reach this certification:
Part I: I studied using the following materials
1. Developing Applications for the Java EE Platform (FJ-310-EE5), Sun Microsystems course
2. Core J2EEPatterns: Best Practices and Design Strategies
3. Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for J2EE™ Technology Study Guide by Mark Cade and Simon Roberts
4. SCEA5 Whizlabs simulator (This is useful but the real questions are most difficult)
5. Certification ePractice Sample Questions http://www.sun.com/training/catalog/courses/WGS-PREX-10-QUEST.xml 6. This Forum help me a lot in all process.
2. I used MagicDraw for UML diagrams
3. I documented all my decisions (NFRs, Risks, Considerations, Assumptions) during all the design process, and it help me to recall why I did some choices and return to correct my design when I discovered something wrong
4. I was in suspect after send my assignment because I added an extra step in a use case and I made a change in an association of the original domain model. Even these could cause some penalty I considered them necessary based in my analysis. Due to the results not show the detailed punctuation I don't know if some points were deducted.
1. This part was easy, I reviewed my documentation before to take the test. I had 2 hours to answer 8 questions about my decisions.
2. I realize that my security considerations were too weak while I was answering an essay question, I was honest and I answered that even I hadn't documented strongly, "I would solve this change in this way ..."
That is all, thank you to all for your contribution