Thanks to all ranchers for the advice and help provided. Invaluable resource and support.
Thanks to Devaka for his tough emulator that made me paranoid about my preparation to begin with, but toughened me up enough to be confident to taking the exam. If you could put together one for the SCWCD very soon it would be appreciated!
I was surprised that they give you laminated sheets to write on; rather than paper. I usually scribble a lot..so I had to work a bit more out in my head. But the exam Qs are definitely shorter than the mock exams, so you wouldnt have to write too much and you have plenty of time to work through all the Qs without feeling pressure.
I'm going to start preparing for the SCWCD next week and continue on with it. So no doubt I'll run into some of ye again in here!
Ajay Yad wrote:Congrats!
Can you please tell what are all preparations you did for Exam
How many mocks did you solve?
Which simulator did you use?
1. Read Sierra &Bates SCJP6 book
2. Re-read Sierra & Bates SCJP6 book, compiling my own "drill" notes
3. Did all 3 master exams that came with the book and went through correct/incorrect answers. Got 75% on Exam 3.
4. Did Devaka's ExamLab final exam (I thought I was ready!) and failed miserably.
5. I used the inquisition emulator to identify my weak areas to beef up my study: http://enigma.vm.bytemark.co.uk/webstart.html 6. Then I did 3 of the ExamLab exams until I passed one (with 65% exactly). If youre close to passing one of these exams, youre ready for the exam.