I got surprised, when I see these rules. Are they really true, or is it a fake web page?
Some rules like...
"You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.",
"It is illegal to eat an orange in your bath tub",
"Bathing is prohibited during the winter.",
"It is illegal to transport an ice cream cone in your pocket.",
"A woman can not buy a hat without the husband's permission",
"Wilfully destroying your old radio is prohibited.",
"Women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes in public.",
"It is illegal for women to wear footwear of any kind with an open toe.",
"Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without being licensed by the state",
"If there are more than 5 Native Americans on your property you may shoot them",
It's too bad that the site does not list the statute number to lend some authenticity to the list. I've heard of several of those on the page. Some are probably the result of unintended consequences, for example in "Cleveland [Ohio] - It's illegal to catch mice without a hunting license", the ordnance probably covers killing ANY animal without a hunting license (speculation on my part), and taking that to the absurd conclusion it covers killing mice. I assure you no one has ever been charged.. Others are probably the result of unreasonable hysteria, for example "[Ohio] Women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes in public" because patent leather shoes are supposedly indecent.
I'm certain any jurisdiction will fall victim to stupid laws. It's just a matter of digging into the books.
25. It is illegal for a cab in the City of London to carry rabid dogs or corpses.
24. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
23. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside down.
22. In France, it is forbidden to call a pig Napoleon.
21. Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know, though you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing.
20. In Alabama, it is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while driving a vehicle.
19. In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk.
18. Royal Navy ships that enter the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.
17. In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.
16. In Lancashire, no person is permitted after being asked to stop by a constable on the seashore to incite a dog to bark.
15. In Miami, Florida, it is illegal to skateboard in a police station.
14. In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation.
13. In England, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.
12. In London, Freemen are allowed to take a flock of sheep across London Bridge without being charged a toll; they are also allowed to drive geese down Cheapside.
11. In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be punished by death before a firing squad.
10. In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle.
9. In Florida, unmarried women who parachute on Sundays can be jailed.
8. In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon more than six-feet long.
7. In Chester, Welshmen are banned from entering the city before sunrise and from staying after sunset.
6. In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.
5. In Boulder, Colorado, it is illegal to kill a bird within the city limits and also to “own” a pet – the town’s citizens, legally speaking, are merely “pet minders”.
4. In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
3. In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague.
2. In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman’s genitals but is forbidden from looking directly at them during the examination; he may only see their reflection in a mirror.
1. The head of any dead whale found on the British coast is legally the property of the King; the tail, on the other hand, belongs to the Queen - in case she needs the bones for her corset.