wood burning stoves 2.0*
The moose likes Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA) and the fly likes questions about SCEA 5 Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA)
Bookmark "questions about SCEA 5" Watch "questions about SCEA 5" New topic
Author

questions about SCEA 5

Sorin Alexandru
Greenhorn

Joined: Nov 30, 2008
Posts: 28

Hi,

At SCEA 5 can you still get questions about EJB before 3.0 ?

Thanks,
Sorin
Cameron Wallace McKenzie
author and cow tipper
Saloon Keeper

Joined: Aug 26, 2006
Posts: 4968
    
    1

Indeed!

I mean, if you have a fully working EJB 2.x application, and you need to add a single EJB, would you upgrade to EJB3.0, or just add a new EJB2.x bean to the application. A good architect would know that you don't change an entire implementation for one additional feature. A question like that might appear on the exam, and indeed, in that type of scenario, going with EJB2.x would be the correct answer!

EJB 2.x components still exist out there! You'd be a pretty miserable J2EE architect if you didn't know anything about them.

The questions won't hit hard on EJB2.x. You need to know some of the differences between the older and newer versions of EJB, which isn't too difficult, because you really can't learn EJB3 from any resource without hearing a bit about how new EJB strategies are different or better than previous versions. And that's about the depth you need to know.

Certainly don't focus all your efforts on EJB 2.x, but know the differences between older and newer versions.

-Cameron McKenzie
Sorin Alexandru
Greenhorn

Joined: Nov 30, 2008
Posts: 28
Cameron Wallace McKenzie wrote:Indeed!

I mean, if you have a fully working EJB 2.x application, and you need to add a single EJB, would you upgrade to EJB3.0, or just add a new EJB2.x bean to the application. A good architect would know that you don't change an entire implementation for one additional feature. A question like that might appear on the exam, and indeed, in that type of scenario, going with EJB2.x would be the correct answer!

EJB 2.x components still exist out there! You'd be a pretty miserable J2EE architect if you didn't know anything about them.

The questions won't hit hard on EJB2.x. You need to know some of the differences between the older and newer versions of EJB, which isn't too difficult, because you really can't learn EJB3 from any resource without hearing a bit about how new EJB strategies are different or better than previous versions. And that's about the depth you need to know.

Certainly don't focus all your efforts on EJB 2.x, but know the differences between older and newer versions.

-Cameron McKenzie


Thank you Cameron.
Regarding the first part of your answer where you say either upgrade everything to EJB3.0 or just add a new EJB2.x bean, I guess there is a third way: add a new EJB3.0 to the existing framework of EJBs 2.x.

Greetings,
Sorin
Hong Anderson
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 05, 2005
Posts: 1936
Sorin Alexandru wrote:
Regarding the first part of your answer where you say either upgrade everything to EJB3.0 or just add a new EJB2.x bean, I guess there is a third way: add a new EJB3.0 to the existing framework of EJBs 2.x.

Correct, EJB 3 and EJB 2 can be working together in EJB 3 container. For me, it's not necessary that everything must be the same (Use only either EJB 2 or EJB 3).


SCJA 1.0, SCJP 1.4, SCWCD 1.4, SCBCD 1.3, SCJP 5.0, SCEA 5, SCBCD 5; OCUP - Fundamental, Intermediate and Advanced; IBM Certified Solution Designer - OOAD, vUML 2; SpringSource Certified Spring Professional
Ronald Wouters
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 28, 2005
Posts: 190
Kengkaj Sathianpantarit wrote:
Correct, EJB 3 and EJB 2 can be working together in EJB 3 container.


This of course implies that the client you are working for is willing to upgrade their production environment to host an appserver that implements an EJB 3 compliant container.
But you are correct of course.

Regards



Sun Certified Developer for the Java 2 Platform
Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 5
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: questions about SCEA 5