I encountered a strange problem when I tried to get the maven release to work.
If I check out my project through the command line and try to release the project with mvn release:prepare everything goes fine but for some reason when the project is checked out through Eclipse it fails with the error message:
I digged in a bit and started to compare the files that are in the CVS directory of the project and I noticed the following things:
There is an extra file called Template in the CVS folder of the project that was checked out through Eclipse
There is an extra character D in the Entries file in the CVS folder of the project that was checked out through Eclipse
When I copy the files from the CVS directory of the project that was checked out through the command line to the CVS directory of the project that was checked out through CVS and than try to release everything goes fine.
The main difference is that I use cygwin on the command line and uses linux line feeds and ofcourse a different CVS client since the Eclipse plug-in has his own which probably checks out differently and causes this problem