• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Problem with taglib declaration.

 
Vadim Vararu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 147
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I get such error:


though, i have included all struts libraries... and used such taglib declarations:


So, i can't understand what's the problem.

P.S. I use last version of Struts 1
 
Vadim Vararu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 147
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Now, i've made some changes in web.xml and i get this error:
 
David Newton
Author
Rancher
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Searching the web provides several possible solutions. What server are you running? Some have a bundled version of Struts. What libraries are you deploying? Have you verified the versions of all the deployed libraries (and verified that deployment is happening correctly)?
 
Vadim Vararu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 147
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I'm using tomcat 6.x without any bundled version of framework and latest version of Struts1 downloaded from official site.

This is the .jsp that i try to access:


When i call it with struts taglib declaration line, i get error, when i delete that line, it goes ok. So the problem is in the taglib declaration somewhere i guess.
 
David Newton
Author
Rancher
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
*Please* list the libraries you're deploying--it's really difficult to help if you don't provide requested information.

Are you deploying a jsp library?
 
Amandeep Singh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 850
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
latest version of Struts1 downloaded from official site.


if you already have downloaded the Struts 1. then why not to use them-
put all tld in WEB-INF. and all your libraries in your src project lib folder.

refer all tld by specifying the location as /WEB-INF/struts-html.tld
instead of specifying the urls. this will also make your project portable.
 
David Newton
Author
Rancher
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
App servers haven't needed extracted TLDs for years, and TC6 certainly doesn't.
 
Vadim Vararu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 147
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Here is the list of libraries i deploy:
.......................................................
antlr-2.7.2
bsf-2.3.0
commons-beanutils-1.8.0
commons-chain-1.2
commons-digester-1.8
commons-fileupload-1.1.1
commons-io-1.1
commons-logging-1.0.4
commons-validator-1.3.1
jstl-1.0.2
oro-2.0.8
standard-1.0.6
struts-core-1.3.10
struts-el-1.3.10
struts-extras-1.3.10
struts-faces-1.3.10
struts-mailreader-dao-1.3.10
struts-scripting-1.3.10
struts-taglib-1.3.10
struts-tiles-1.3.10
...........................................................

I don't have any .tld-s in web-inf directory. I just write in .jsp-s write uri and container do extract .tld-s by itself. It is correct, isn't it?
 
David Newton
Author
Rancher
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
What does your web.xml look like? I can't reproduce this, so right now I'm thinking there's a deployment or configuration issue. I'd also recommend removing any libraries you're *not* using.
 
Vadim Vararu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 147
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Uhhh... it was an Eclipse issue. I just didn't deploy libraries correctly.
 
Amandeep Singh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 850
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
David Newton wrote:App servers haven't needed extracted TLDs for years, and TC6 certainly doesn't.


I did not understand what this really means.
 
David Newton
Author
Rancher
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
@Vadim: Happens all the time

@Amandeep: It means that TLDs are discoverable inside library files and do not need to exist on the filesystem as separate, physical files.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic