Sorry if this is in the wrong forum - I'm not sure what this should fall under. I have a Maven-based WTP web app using struts 2 / Sitemesh / EXT-JS.
I have triple-checked the URLs - they appear fine to me. The web app is deployed in it's entirety on to the Eclipse-based local Tomcat server and I can see all the files including the 'missing' ones within the <ContextPath>/static/css and <ContextPath>/static/ext directories. I have also tried deleting and adding a new Tomcat server in Eclipse.
Here is my project structure.
This is what my project looked like prior to the EXT-JS - in fact, I had some EXT-JS functioning so something has broken since:
Tomcat server context.xml:
Tomcat server server.xml:
Does anyone have any ideas or pointers at all? I noticed I had a context element with a docRoot parameter in one of the deployment descriptors once but now it has gone...
Joined: Mar 20, 2009
My colleagues and I have found the solution so here it is in case someone else comes across this...
We realised that changing the versions of our Struts2 libraries...
struts2-core-2.0.12.jar to struts2-core-2.1.6.jar
xwork-2.0.6.jar to xwork-2.1.2.jar
...was causing the problem with the static content not loading.
By changing the struts2 filter mapping in the web app deployment descriptor (web.xml) from...
...one can use the struts2-core.2.1.6.jar and xwork.2.1.2.jar
If a moderator reads this, could this post please be moved to the struts2 forum - when I posted, I had no idea what the problem was related to!