I am trying to:
1. Create panel A containing Images/Icons.
2. Create Accordion B having some Image/Icon contents.
3. Icons of A should be dropable over Icons of accordion B.
3. On dropping Icon from A over Icons of accordion B a new window should open having grid data based on the properties from Icon that was dropped over.
I am new to smartGWT. The things i have tried already are:
1. Created a tile grid and accordion. Wasn't able to drag drop tile grid Icons on the accordion Icon as wasnt sure how to configure each tile. When i try to drag drop a tile on an icon of accordion it drag/drops the whole tile grid. I used XML datasource for getting the data. I used the sample Drag/Drop tile showcase example for a starter:
I retried using the original Tile Grid Drag/Drop example from showcase and just added another widget to it (an accordion). I tried drag/dropping the data first from the list grid to the tile grid (as given in the example) and then from tile grid to the accordion but i see the same result. The whole tile grid was dragged/dropped in the accordion stack section. Is this an expected behavior?
2. Created a tile layout and added individual tiles to it. Configured each tile to be dragable/dropable. I created the Icons similar to draggable pieces in the showcase examples. Defined the ondropover function for the Icons of the accordion. For the tile layout used Drag/Drop create as a starter:
I wanted to know if I am taking the right approach for the requirement? If No, then what widgets should i use? If Yes, then what could i be missing here.
Any pointers would be appreciated.