aspose file tools*
The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes SCJP Practice Exam Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Bookmark "SCJP Practice Exam" Watch "SCJP Practice Exam" New topic
Author

SCJP Practice Exam

Joshua Ebarvia
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Posts: 70
I' m sitting in for the SCJP 6 in less than a month now.

However, I'm just getting 40% to 50% in 5 tries of the practice exam CDROM of the SCJP 6 Study Guide Book by Bates and Sierra.

HOw hard is the SCJP exam compared to the one in the CDROM of that book?

I need more advice.. Thanks


Lovin' java
Deepak Bala
Bartender

Joined: Feb 24, 2006
Posts: 6661
    
    5

The master exam is pretty tough. From what I remember my score was low when I took it (somewhere around 60%). SCJP is a little easier(only a little). Its hard to say what score you will get on the real exam compared to the one you get on the master exam. The average is an increase around 10-15%. Then again all that matters in the end is your confidence


SCJP 6 articles - SCJP 5/6 mock exams - More SCJP Mocks
Joshua Ebarvia
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Posts: 70
Deepak Bala wrote:The master exam is pretty tough. From what I remember my score was low when I took it (somewhere around 60%). SCJP is a little easier(only a little). Its hard to say what score you will get on the real exam compared to the one you get on the master exam. The average is an increase around 10-15%. Then again all that matters in the end is your confidence


Hi. Thanks, for the Reply... Actually I'm sitting for the exam in less than 13 days, I have read the whole K&B book twice, and I feel that I'm not yet ready since I can't pass the MasterExam in the CD. I can't buy the Whizlab exam due to financial situation, I can't afford it now. Anyway, I think those questions in the master exams about "which are true" about a particular class or situation or concept such as coupling, cohesion, and inheritance makes me weak..

Any more suggestions?

I'll try to read K&B book from cover to cover once more and do a lot of coding...

Thanks
Deepak Bala
Bartender

Joined: Feb 24, 2006
Posts: 6661
    
    5

Well you can try practicing many more mock exams. My signature has links to some of them.

Go through areas where you feel you are not strong enough. If you have any specific question about the topics as such, you can always post them here
Joshua Ebarvia
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Posts: 70
Deepak Bala wrote:Well you can try practicing many more mock exams. My signature has links to some of them.

Go through areas where you feel you are not strong enough. If you have any specific question about the topics as such, you can always post them here


Thanks for the links.. Im taking SCJP 6 should SCJP 5 mock exams be very much similar to 6?
Deepak Bala
Bartender

Joined: Feb 24, 2006
Posts: 6661
    
    5

Joshua Ebarvia wrote:
Deepak Bala wrote:Well you can try practicing many more mock exams. My signature has links to some of them.

Go through areas where you feel you are not strong enough. If you have any specific question about the topics as such, you can always post them here


Thanks for the links.. Im taking SCJP 6 should SCJP 5 mock exams be very much similar to 6?


Yep ! they are. You will miss out on very few topics like navigable sets etc. But you can always compensate for that later.
Sneha Kapoor
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 08, 2009
Posts: 49
Is difficulty level of exam is more than whizlabs.

As of now i am getting 52% on whizlabs..but my coupon is expiring next week. :-(

I have finish reading k&b once accept some topics..any tips
Devaka Cooray
ExamLab Creator
Saloon Keeper

Joined: Jul 29, 2008
Posts: 3102
    
  40

All free and commercial mock exams are listed here.
And ExamLab is a free simulator available for both SCJP 5.0 and 6.0 versions.

Devaka.


Author of ExamLab ExamLab - a free SCJP / OCPJP exam simulator
What would SCJP exam questions look like? -- Home -- Twitter -- How to Ask a Question
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: SCJP Practice Exam