aspose file tools*
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes Most disliked cricketer Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Soft Skills this week in the Jobs Discussion forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "Most disliked cricketer" Watch "Most disliked cricketer" New topic
Author

Most disliked cricketer

Nitesh Kant
Bartender

Joined: Feb 25, 2007
Posts: 1638

There is a poll going on Fox sports. Poll your votes here!
I dislike Symonds the most.


apigee, a better way to API!
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
I feel this thread will create controversy if ranchers don�t follow �to be nice� policy. Be nice!!


My blood is tested +ve for Java.
Nitesh Kant
Bartender

Joined: Feb 25, 2007
Posts: 1638

Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:
I feel this thread will create controversy if ranchers don�t follow �to be nice� policy. Be nice!!


I have made all possible efforts(it has been tough though ) to be nice in this post
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by Nitesh Kant:


I have made all possible efforts(it has been tough though ) to be nice in this post


Anyways, I like this thread
shan Iyer
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 13, 2005
Posts: 391
In terms of pure cricketing abilities, it'll be Chetan Parekh


Warm Regards, S.Iyer
SCJP1.4, SCWCD1.4
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by Shankar Iyer:
In terms of pure cricketing abilities, it'll be Chetan Parekh


During childhood and teenage, I had lots of cricket-fight. Once I was beaten by stump
Sandip Sankeshwar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 210
Cricket itselfhas become now petty game.Politicians are ruling BCCI and Internaion Cricket council is just interested in money.All cricketers just inetersted in money.

Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

I wonder who will watch IPL. So much (black)money has been invested by pawar and business man.


Groovy
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by Prad Dip:
I wonder who will watch IPL. So much (black)money has been invested by pawar and business man.


ankur rathi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Posts: 3830
Originally posted by Prad Dip:
I wonder who will watch IPL. So much (black)money has been invested by pawar and business man.


I will.
Devesh H Rao
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 09, 2002
Posts: 687

Originally posted by Sandip Sankeshwar:
Cricket itselfhas become now petty game.Politicians are ruling BCCI and Internaion Cricket council is just interested in money.All cricketers just inetersted in money.



who is not..? do you work for free...?
Sandip Sankeshwar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 210
Originally posted by Devesh H Rao:


who is not..? do you work for free...?

No dude but I don't wear exotic T-shirt with 'India' as title and then expect Government to throw some awards on me.
Devesh H Rao
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 09, 2002
Posts: 687

Originally posted by Sandip Sankeshwar:

No dude but I don't wear exotic T-shirt with 'India' as title and then expect Government to throw some awards on me.


So you tell me, you would not want to be in the place where you would get to

"wear exotic T-shirt with 'India' as title and then expect Government to throw some awards on me" .....

Sandip, i am sorry if i am getting personal but all i am saying is do not begrudge what is not yours.
Devesh H Rao
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 09, 2002
Posts: 687

any ways, i do not understand what the whole hullaboo is for IPL putting in money. Earning money is everyone's right and sports is one of them. Not long ago sports was not considered an career option, now atleast some sports rake in some decent money..

There is also this thingie about other sportsperson bemoaning lack of interest in anything other than cricket, but then what prevents the sports bodies of the other sports going the cricket way and pulling in money by building glamour. Would love to have a EPL kind of stuff happen to football and hockey but why blame cricket and BCCI in particular for the mismanagement in other sports... and by the way anyone not interested in cricket or IPL in particular may stay away from watching it. Its not been forcefed down anyone's throat.

so why crib and yes brrrrrrrrr [thats slang for chill]
Kishore Dandu
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 10, 2001
Posts: 1934
Originally posted by Prad Dip:
I wonder who will watch IPL. So much (black)money has been invested by pawar and business man.


It will be a success. I can't imagine the branding that goes along with these international stars playing for different team. ICC is thinking of not having other tours during this tournament in the future. That will be a blessing.

Money: yes BCCI has it.
One example: BCCI officials were at NFL(US football League) office to understand how to run a professional league etc last year. One of the after hours parties, the NFL folks were surprised by the money spent by BCCI during evening outing(including minmum 10k$ wines).


Kishore
SCJP, blog
Sandip Sankeshwar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 210
Yes,I too heard that.also heard the stories about BCCI officials spending on Escort services and dining with them.Not sure whether they were true but possible.
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by Sandip Sankeshwar:
Yes,I too heard that.also heard the stories about BCCI officials spending on Escort services and dining with them.Not sure whether they were true but possible.


Many people don't know this.
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Originally posted by ankur rathi:


I will.


No, you wont.
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Originally posted by Kishore Dandu:


It will be a success. I can't imagine the branding that goes along with these international stars playing for different team. ICC is thinking of not having other tours during this tournament in the future. That will be a blessing.

Money: yes BCCI has it.
One example: BCCI officials were at NFL(US football League) office to understand how to run a professional league etc last year. One of the after hours parties, the NFL folks were surprised by the money spent by BCCI during evening outing(including minmum 10k$ wines).


In India people are interested in international matches not regional matches even if stars are international. I hope BCCI makes huge losses It is not their money so they dont worry.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Most disliked cricketer