This week's giveaway is in the Android forum.
We're giving away four copies of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons and have Godfrey Nolan on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Spring and the fly likes distibuted Transaction in Spring ? Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons this week in the Android forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Frameworks » Spring
Bookmark "distibuted Transaction in Spring ? " Watch "distibuted Transaction in Spring ? " New topic
Author

distibuted Transaction in Spring ?

kri shan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 08, 2004
Posts: 1371
How Spring AOP supports distributed Transactions like EJB container ?
Hong Anderson
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 05, 2005
Posts: 1936
Spring Framework doesn't support transaction propagation across remote calls.
If you want that feature, use EJB.


SCJA 1.0, SCJP 1.4, SCWCD 1.4, SCBCD 1.3, SCJP 5.0, SCEA 5, SCBCD 5; OCUP - Fundamental, Intermediate and Advanced; IBM Certified Solution Designer - OOAD, vUML 2; SpringSource Certified Spring Professional
Eduardo Bueno
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 04, 2009
Posts: 155
Actually, Spring does allow transaction propagation when used against a WebLogic RMI. By the way, it's a questionable design choice to use transactions through remote invocations.
kri shan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 08, 2004
Posts: 1371
Spring claims every EJB3 features they are supporting. If Spring 2.x do not support distributed Transaction, then we do not use for transaction intensive applications .
Hong Anderson
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 05, 2005
Posts: 1936
Eduardo Bueno wrote:Actually, Spring does allow transaction propagation when used against a WebLogic RMI. By the way, it's a questionable design choice to use transactions through remote invocations.

Could you please to give a reference? Is this feature limited to only WebLogic Application Server?
Hong Anderson
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 05, 2005
Posts: 1936
kri shan wrote:Spring claims every EJB3 features they are supporting.

Never heard they claim that.
Nathan Pruett
Bartender

Joined: Oct 18, 2000
Posts: 4121

I found an article on JavaWorld from earlier this year about distributed transactions and Spring.


-Nate
Write once, run anywhere, because there's nowhere to hide! - /. A.C.
Eduardo Bueno
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 04, 2009
Posts: 155
Kengkaj Sathianpantarit wrote:
kri shan wrote:Spring claims every EJB3 features they are supporting.

Never heard they claim that.

http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/reference/transaction.html
Hong Anderson
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 05, 2005
Posts: 1936
Nathan Pruett wrote:I found an article on JavaWorld from earlier this year about distributed transactions and Spring.

Thanks for the article.
Hong Anderson
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 05, 2005
Posts: 1936
Eduardo Bueno wrote:
Kengkaj Sathianpantarit wrote:
kri shan wrote:Spring claims every EJB3 features they are supporting.

Never heard they claim that.

http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/reference/transaction.html

You should read that page thoroughly, that very page explains what feature that Spring does not offer.
 
Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
 
subject: distibuted Transaction in Spring ?
 
Similar Threads
Frameworks
which technology
WA #1.....word association
Which book to learn Spring?
Spring Framework Reference / Book