This week's giveaway is in the EJB and other Java EE Technologies forum.
We're giving away four copies of EJB 3 in Action and have Debu Panda, Reza Rahman, Ryan Cuprak, and Michael Remijan on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Ranch Office and the fly likes Thread not visible Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of EJB 3 in Action this week in the EJB and other Java EE Technologies forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » This Site » Ranch Office
Bookmark "Thread not visible" Watch "Thread not visible" New topic
Author

Thread not visible

James Brooks
Gunslinger
Ranch Hand

Hi

I posted the following thread in the Swing forum yesterday evening and this morning, but it didn't populate. Is the board experiencing trouble? :
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi guys! I'm not sure why the below code is giving me the error message: 'non-static variable this cannot be referenced from a non-static context', which points to tl, my TimerListener, which implements ActionListener. Is 'this' implied somewhere there that I'm not seeing? I'm not sure what 'this' would have to do with my TimerListener??? I've Googled extensively and can't really find any explanation in my text. Does anyone have any ideas or an explanation? If need be, I can post my other classes, but I don't think that's the issue here. Thanks in advance!

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

I posted the following thread in the Swing forum yesterday evening and this morning, but it didn't populate. Is the board experiencing trouble? :

Weird. Besides this topic, the system is showing that you haven't posted anything since June 23. Nothing from yesterday, or this morning.

As far as we know, this board seems to be running fine.

Henry

Books: Java Threads, 3rd Edition, Jini in a Nutshell, and Java Gems (contributor)
James Brooks
Gunslinger
Ranch Hand

Henry Wong wrote:

Weird. Besides this topic, the system is showing that you haven't posted anything since June 23. Nothing from yesterday, or this morning.

As far as we know, this board seems to be running fine.

Henry

Tried it again just now, and it worked. Thanks.

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: Thread not visible