I was able to finish up the part 1 of SCEA (310-352) with a score of 64%. This is less than my expectation, any way happy about getting over it . Sharing the experience, I have got questions from almost all the areas including the previous exam topics + JPA,EJB3,JSF, Web Services. The time was marginally enough , since some questions were lengthy. There were couple of straight forwards as well. There were lot of design pattern questions, got through thanks to Head First!!, Web services stuff JAXP, JAXR, questions, No UML diagrams
The forum really helped me a lot. Thank you all the ranchers who posted their valuable experiences here.
Following are the study materials that I went through in addition to the articles i came across in the Web.
1. Head First Design Patterns
2. Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for J2EE™ Technology Study Guide by Mark Cade Simon Roberts
3. Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for J2EE Study Guide (Exam 310-051) by Paul Allen and Joseph Bambara
4. UML Distilled - Martin Fowler, Kendall Scott
5. J2EE Tutorial - (for Web Services, JSF, JPA)
6. J2EE Design Patterns By William Crawford, Jonathan Kaplan
7. Mock Exams 1 to 11 (http://www.javabeat.net/cert/scea/mock-exam/)
8. Whizlabs Mock exam
9. Head First OOAD
10. Core J2EE Patterns
-what kind of question do we expect in case of JAXP, JAXR, JSF... Is it API based or general architectural questions? Any hint you possible could give me or place where i can find some.
-Also if you can let me know the kind of material for the above topics...
"How much time it took for Part1 exam preparation ?"
2-3 months of study on the materials mentioned above. But kept on reading the posts in Java ranch all the time.
Joined: Jul 14, 2007
"-what kind of question do we expect in case of JAXP, JAXR, JSF... Is it API based or general architectural questions? Any hint you possible could give me or place where i can find some.
-Also if you can let me know the kind of material for the above topics..."
You have to know what JAXP, JAXR does. In my case i have got questions on describing an scenario and asking whats the best API to use (StaX, SAX..etc). Check part III in J2EE tutorial (Web Services). You get most of the stuff there regarding these APIs.