File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes Indian cricket - IPL Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Soft Skills this week in the Jobs Discussion forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "Indian cricket - IPL" Watch "Indian cricket - IPL" New topic
Author

Indian cricket - IPL

ankur rathi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Posts: 3830
I seriously think SRK is invited to make his team and money is given to him. Otherwise why would he purchase a team costs somewhere around 25 Crore INR? He is not an industrialist, how can he bring so much money?

However, it has brought so much media (and people) attention to IPL for sure. At least, I�ll watch it for him.

What benefit they are getting who owns (purchases) the team?
[ March 18, 2008: Message edited by: David O'Meara ]
Alan Wanwierd
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 30, 2004
Posts: 624
Somebody somewhere knows what you're talking about...

Each of the words in that post apart from "Crore" and the acronyms "IPL", "SRK", "INR" are perfectly valid - but together I have no comprehension whatsoever of what you're talking about?!



I'm guessing the following:

SRK = The initials of some supposedly well known corporate player.

IPL = Some large corporate? Probably based in India since most JR topics that make no sense tend to be discussions of an Indian domestic nature.

Crore = Some word for a large number of units (Over the years I've learnt that "Lak" 100,000, so Perhaps "Crore" is a similar word for a larger value?

INR = (oh just figured this one out!) Indian Rupee!!! (Feeling pleased with myself for that one!)

=====================================

If those assumptions are correct then I can start to understand what you might be saying:

"How can spending $$$$x on the recent corporate merge possibly be justified? Is the resultant PR alone from this move sufficient for the larger corporate body to justify the expense?"

Obviously - since I've demonstrated such deep understanding of the topic, I'd probably not attempt to answer these questions...
============================================

Any other riddles?
Aj Mathia
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 11, 2003
Posts: 478
Its a indian thing.
A simple lookup on wikipedia gave me these.

SRK = Shahrukh Khan

IPL = Indian Premier League

Crore = Crore

INR = Indian rupee

I took the liberty of rephasing one of your comments
IPL = Some large corporate? Probably based in India since most JR topics that make no sense TO ME tend to be discussions of an Indian domestic nature.


You think you know me .... You will never know me ... You know only what I let you know ... You are just a puppet ... --CMG
David O'Meara
Rancher

Joined: Mar 06, 2001
Posts: 13459

It took me a while to work out what the topic was too. Topic amended.
Aj Mathia
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 11, 2003
Posts: 478
SRK will make money the same way as Football/Rugby clubs make money by this venture.
dhwani mathur
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 08, 2007
Posts: 621
Hi All

I simply gonna enjoy Cricket no matter whoe s

on profit and loss..................


Dhwani:>Winning is not important but it is only thing.
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Posts: 3830
Originally posted by Ajay Mathew:
SRK will make money the same way as Football/Rugby clubs make money by this venture.


How?
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Posts: 3830
Originally posted by Alan Wanwierd:
Somebody somewhere knows what you're talking about...

Each of the words in that post apart from "Crore" and the acronyms "IPL", "SRK", "INR" are perfectly valid - but together I have no comprehension whatsoever of what you're talking about?!



I'm guessing the following:

SRK = The initials of some supposedly well known corporate player.

IPL = Some large corporate? Probably based in India since most JR topics that make no sense tend to be discussions of an Indian domestic nature.

Crore = Some word for a large number of units (Over the years I've learnt that "Lak" 100,000, so Perhaps "Crore" is a similar word for a larger value?

INR = (oh just figured this one out!) Indian Rupee!!! (Feeling pleased with myself for that one!)

=====================================

If those assumptions are correct then I can start to understand what you might be saying:

"How can spending $$$$x on the recent corporate merge possibly be justified? Is the resultant PR alone from this move sufficient for the larger corporate body to justify the expense?"

Obviously - since I've demonstrated such deep understanding of the topic, I'd probably not attempt to answer these questions...
============================================

Any other riddles?


I knew that someone will

Anyways, did you get it now? :roll:
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Black money is involved. Dont worry much. Watch football or tennis.


Groovy
Rambo Prasad
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 23, 2006
Posts: 628
Somehow IPL doesn't excite me..So am not going to waste my time watching it..In fact it has been more than 2 years since I watched any cricket match fully..I just keep myself updated about the scores/controversies in the match or at max watch the highlights....


Helping hands are much better than the praying lips
shan Iyer
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 13, 2005
Posts: 391
Somehow IPL doesn't excite me..So am not going to waste my time watching it..In fact it has been more than 2 years since I watched any cricket match fully..I just keep myself updated about the scores/controversies in the match or at max watch the highlights....


Same here ! I spend most of my time analysing stocks and watching NDTV Profit...and I enjoy it more than watching cricket


Warm Regards, S.Iyer
SCJP1.4, SCWCD1.4
Ajith Prasad
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 22, 2006
Posts: 66
you took wise decision not to watch cricket on TV or Live
Joe Harry
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 26, 2006
Posts: 9622
    
    2

Why they don't do this for the Indian Football???


SCJP 1.4, SCWCD 1.4 - Hints for you, Certified Scrum Master
Did a rm -R / to find out that I lost my entire Linux installation!
Rambo Prasad
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 23, 2006
Posts: 628
I think Cricket is a national waste of time
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

I will happy if IPL flops.
Ashok Kumar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 04, 2007
Posts: 42
IPL :: Its a FLOP...


SCJP 1.5 -> SCWCD 5 -> ??
Rambo Prasad
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 23, 2006
Posts: 628
No I don't think IPL is a flop..It seems to be a great hit...
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Originally posted by Rambo Prasad:
No I don't think IPL is a flop..It seems to be a great hit...


It is media which is making us feel that it is a HIT. People will lose interest soon. I would better watch English movie rather than
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Posts: 3830
Only thing which I can't do in IPL is to support �one� team... I have no wish that �this� team should win IPL and all... Don�t enjoy if �a� team win over other team�

But who cares when Symonds, Dhoni, Yuvi, Sachin, Sehwag, Hyden, Gilchrist etc are playing... Besides, its 20-20, takes only 3 hours, full time pass.
Joe Harry
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 26, 2006
Posts: 9622
    
    2

Originally posted by Prad Dip:


It is media which is making us feel that it is a HIT. People will lose interest soon. I would better watch English movie rather than


I Accept this. Even I'd do that.
Ashok Kumar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 04, 2007
Posts: 42
I went to yesterday's match between DC and Roayals

Its not full....
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
IPL cheergirls face ban in Maharashtra


My blood is tested +ve for Java.
Ashok Kumar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 04, 2007
Posts: 42
Now thats some news...

Then who the hell will watch IPL still
shankar reddy
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 04, 2007
Posts: 71
I just remind you that .. Please post java related queries. I also like Cricket , but this is not the right forum. I request you that do not change the sharpness of our forum.


Java Lover<br /> <br />Shankar Reddy <br />SCJP1.4 (88%)
Sandip Sankeshwar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 210
Originally posted by shankar reddy telukutla:
I just remind you that .. Please post java related queries. I also like Cricket , but this is not the right forum. I request you that do not change the sharpness of our forum.





[ April 25, 2008: Message edited by: Sandip Sankeshwar ]
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Originally posted by Ashok Kumar:
I went to yesterday's match between DC and Roayals

Its not full....


To see cheer leaders Better watch on TV to get closer view
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Dancing should happen for 1 hr before the math, then during the break and later non stop after the presentation cermony.

But who cares when Symonds, Dhoni, Yuvi, Sachin, Sehwag, Hyden, Gilchrist etc are playing... Besides, its 20-20, takes only 3 hours, full time pass.


Time pass ? Don't people have other work to do. Occassionally it is fine. These matches are held everyday and this overdose of cricket will make people lose interest soon.

Couple of days I watched a match for few minutes. Before the ball reaches the batsman the cameras were showing SRK dancing and waving (someone teach hime some other style ) and cheer girls dancing. I did not know where the 'cricket' ball went. Poor batsman no cameras on him.
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Originally posted by shankar reddy telukutla:
I just remind you that .. Please post java related queries. I also like Cricket , but this is not the right forum. I request you that do not change the sharpness of our forum.


For a moment I thought you were David.
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Originally posted by Ashok Kumar:
I went to yesterday's match between DC and Roayals

Its not full....


How much does the ticket cost for a chair ?
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 16, 2004
Posts: 3636
Originally posted by Prad Dip:


For a moment I thought you were David.


Good one!
Ashok Kumar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 04, 2007
Posts: 42
Originally posted by Prad Dip:


How much does the ticket cost for a chair ?


250 to 5000 bucks
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Chennai Super Kings sack Nayanthara
http://sify.com/sports/fullstory.php?id=14656359
Pat Farrell
Rancher

Joined: Aug 11, 2007
Posts: 4659
    
    5

I love cricket. Its is totally incompressible to anyone not born watching it. This "three hour" version is "fast" right? And regular cricket takes a week?

At typical American sports events, we drink, talk and watch the girls. Even I can't drink for a week. Sometimes I have to work writing code.

How do you guys get away with it?
Rambo Prasad
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 23, 2006
Posts: 628


Harbajan slaps Sreesanth
David O'Meara
Rancher

Joined: Mar 06, 2001
Posts: 13459

Originally posted by Prad Dip:
For a moment I thought you were David.


Oh ouch!
Joe Harry
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 26, 2006
Posts: 9622
    
    2

Originally posted by Rambo Prasad:


Harbajan slaps Sreesanth


It just got ugly.
dhwani mathur
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 08, 2007
Posts: 621
Hii


So Baddddd
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Looks like many people were not watching IPL so Harbhajan punched Sreesanth for publicity so that people will start watching IPL.
Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 26, 2005
Posts: 824
Originally posted by Prad Dip:
Looks like many people were not watching IPL so Harbhajan punched Sreesanth for publicity so that people will start watching IPL.


may be true


Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.
My Blog | Red5 Resources | Technology Update | Daily Technology Tips
Prabhat Gupta
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 22, 2008
Posts: 135

How do you guys get away with it?

that's why it is called addiction

here pepole can watch a test match 8-hrs per day for 5 days...after that we can enjoy weekend also.
[ April 28, 2008: Message edited by: Prabhat Gupta ]
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Indian cricket - IPL
 
Similar Threads