I'm evaluating Oracle BPEL to use for a new workflow enhancement in our application.
Our application is used by variant clients and the clients would be able to customize the application (dynamic forms, access, styles, users) themselves to their needs.
As our application is flexible for the clients to customize, besides workflow, we have a requirement that the business users/analysts should be able to changes their own rules in workflow in our application by themselves. Like one client can have a rule in the workflow saying that if the amount is > 10000 initiate workflow and another client would have a requirement stating automatically approve if the user is CEO. Business users should be able to dynamically change these rules without developers intervention.
With my research I understood that we can integrate Oracle Business rules with Oracle BPEL and let the business analysts use Oracle Rule author to edit their own rules.
1. I would like to understand how we can restrict each client or user to be able to edit their own rulesets or repository pertaining to that particular client and not be able to view or edit other clients rulesets
2. By default, programatically in Java, can we create a Oracle rule repository, data model, rulesets for a client without using Oracle rule author and let the business users just change the rules and rule sets using oracle rule author.
3. Can we programatically create users (automate) with restricted access to rule repository or rule sets
Any inputs and pointers is highly appreciated. This would really help our team to evaluate the tools and take a decison.
Our team is evaluating the best possible option. Do you see any other better option which can be used to build
1. Work flow and integrate with our current Java (JSF + EJB) application, which is deployed on Oracle application server
2. Business users be able to customize their own work flow business rules and notification parameters
3. Business rules to be provided to the business users according to their access level or should be able to access only their own clients business rule set.
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com