I have had this problem for three days or more, a major block in my app. I have an ear file with three war files. Two are webservices modules, and one regular web app module. The ear file works fine on weblogic Admin Server, both on Windows and Solaris. But, when I deploy it (the same ear) to a managed server or a single managed server in a cluster, it has following NoClassDefFoundError. Stacktrace shown here. We have a Duration type in our XSD, that's why we need this DurationImpl. Searching thru the net, it seems that the managed server and adminserver of Weblogic 10 are a bit different in terms of classpath. I have tried many options in weblogic.xml weblogic-application.xml etc. No luck. I feel the best method to solve this is first to find out what's the difference between managed and the admin server. Of course, any work around is certainly good.
Tony Yan<br /> <br />IBM Certified Developer XML and Related Technology<br />Sun Certified Web Component Developer For J2EE Platform<br />Sun Certified Programmer For Java 2 Platform
Joined: Apr 10, 2002
Pretty much found this problem, semi-incidentally. We have Wily monitoring system on the server, it must have an older version of xerces in its classpath that doesn't have a util class in xerces that only exists after 2.8. We deployed to another managed server w/o Wily. Problem went away. End of 4 days of stupid tail spin.